Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just thought id share my pics of my 08 82nd limbs after a full draw blow up:pukey: ive already gotten it fixed just thought id share. enjoy...... i know this is goin to turn into a bash fest:darkbeer:
Bow and arrow Bow Electrical wiring Compound bow Plant
scared the crap outta me
Electrical wiring Wire Cable Technology Electrical supply

·
Registered
601 Posts
So why is it

Bowtech seems to have so many problems with limbs?? Aren't basicly all of the mfg. are using Gordon glass,,,even Barnsdale??

·
Registered
793 Posts
oooh coulda been worse...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont really know about that but i do know that the 08 were a 1 piece composite ilmb and the 09s have composite limbs with a laminated belly. bowtech sent me a set of 09s for it.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Shoot...strings are still on it...that aint a "blow up"!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooh coulda been worse...
yea looking back im lucky that the limb didnt completly blow out that wouldve been UGLY!:pukey:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
That isn't so bad. When you said blow up I was thinking flying pieces and wetting your shorts kinda blow up. Glad ya got it fixed, and didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well when she went i did almost wet my shorts... pop pop pop BOOM :mg: haha

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Typical.

We know, we know fanboys. It must have been pressed wrong or it happens with all bows.

But we should lay off Bowtech, the 09's haven't had any issues yet. Just everything up til then. Not all of us have short memories. Forget the keiter bomb, terrorists should just start air freighting these babies.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Shucks that ain't bad

All you need is some Super glue & Camo duct tape and you be fine.

JK

I think a " blow up" is when you get riser pieces stuck in the ceiling, floor and walls...

BT Will stand behind you:sad:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Fingernail clippers and sand paper should take care of that.:)
Exactly what I was gonna say. That's just a big slinter. Clip it off and sand it down and keep shootin. Where have we heard this. LOL

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Sorry to see your problem, but.............

like the other post said, "that ain't no blow up"! When my Guardian let go, you could hardly tell it was a bow in my hand. It looked like a cast net on a stick!

I hope BowTech treats you as well as they treated me. If they do, you'll be taken care of quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Fingernail clippers and sand paper should take care of that.:)
Just remove the whole splinter and sand the edges of your new splitlimb system. :p

Glad you were taken care of and nothing worse happened.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ahhh the Bowtech fanboys strike again... If a Hoyt splinters a limb, you can in fact sand it off and keep shooting.

That, unfortunately, is the old Bowtech 2 step.....
Draw,
Explode...

They are all crap and its just a gamble which one you buy and which one will go next.

Buy a Mathews or a PSE or something... Stop buyin these friggin things

·
Anti Fanboy
45,593 Posts
Its a fact that Bowtech had a problem with the previous limbs. All bow companies has had limb failures. Bowtech has simply lead the pack on this for a few years. Perhaps the new limbs will prove to be better. So far both of my 08's has held up.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Typical.

We know, we know fanboys. It must have been pressed wrong or it happens with all bows.

But we should lay off Bowtech, the 09's haven't had any issues yet. Just everything up til then. Not all of us have short memories. Forget the keiter bomb, terrorists should just start air freighting these babies.
:crazy:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts