Archery Talk Forum banner

08 82nd ---(conversion)---> 09 82nd

1574 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  badbow148
anyone know if you can get the updated roller guard and or new type of string stopper on the 09 82nd and convert your 08 ----> 09

thanks
kurt
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
anyone know if you can get the updated roller guard and or new type of string stopper on the 09 82nd and convert your 08 ----> 09

thanks
kurt
Yes you can. I just ordered the "kit" today from the Bowtech Factory Proshop. It will come with the new style roller guard and an new style lower string stopper setup. Cost was $50.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can. I just ordered the "kit" today from the Bowtech Factory Proshop. It will come with the new style roller guard and an new style lower string stopper setup. Cost was $50.
Could u PM me with some details cause I really want in on this

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
Are they gonna offer an upgraded version for the 101st since they dropped it for '09?
Also has anything other than the lack of a short stop changed on the '09 82nd roller guard?

· Registered
1,324 Posts
answer to this IS NO.... REPEAT... BOWTECH IS NOT SELLING A "KIT" FOR THE 08 82NDS. I JUST TALKED TO NICK @ BOWTECH AND THEY ARE NOT DOING IT... If you got one it slipped through the cracks. but their official stance is NO!!!!!

· Registered
451 Posts
answer to this IS NO.... REPEAT... BOWTECH IS NOT SELLING A "KIT" FOR THE 08 82NDS. I JUST TALKED TO NICK @ BOWTECH AND THEY ARE NOT DOING IT... If you got one it slipped through the cracks. but their official stance is NO!!!!!
You are correct. So I will have to take back what I said before. I just got a call from the guy at the proshop and he said he got his ass chewed over the deal. However supposedly before when I placed the order earlier today he mentioned that he just had some of the "kits" arrive in the proshop and the price was 50 bucks. He said someone higher up told him he screwed up and he had to cancel my order.

So sorry if I passed on incorrect information, earlier at the time I found it to be correct. Now as of the call I received just 2 minutes ago the word is no they are not going to offer the new roller guard and string stopper for us people with 08's who would like to try it out.

I usually like to keep my mouth shut on here but personally I think this just sucks, I bet they would have sold a boat load of these kits to people with 08's. If it does end up being offered to the market in the future, I bet it will be through dealers so you cannot get it direct through the factory proshop. Everyone needs to get their chunk of the pie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.