Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting some honest opinions here guys!! I have had an 06 Allegiance, which was one of my favorite bows ever. I know the 08 is a slightly different design, but still pretty much the same. I have owned several Hoyts, but never a Katera. I will be using the bow for hunting mostly, maybe a couple 3D shoots......

Input is appreciated!!!!!!

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
Both great bows ... I love the Ally, still doing most of my killing :D

Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
hard to go wrong with the buttery smooth draw of the z3 cams yet nice 330 ibo speed. . . I love the katera plus they are dirt cheap right now

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
IMO the Allegiance, but both great bows and can't go wrong with either. So, whatever fits you better! Good Luck and Have fun shooting!

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I'm going with the Katera...I've owned both and I liked the Katera better myself. I think the Z3 cams were some of the best cams Hoyt ever did.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
gotta vote ally. only difference in 06 and 08 is grip is smaller and bow is lighter and uses different mods. I like my 07(same as 08 except for cam color) better than my 06. Katera just don't fit me well but is a good bow never the less. good luck whichever you pick.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
The Ally is a nice bow, but the Kat is one of the all time greats!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Ive owned an 07 ally and it was a good bow but if I had to choose it would be the Katera hands down

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Good question,,I liked my 08' Ally and my 08' Katera but if i had to chose between the katera or the allegiance,,,Katera hands down,i love the z3 cams..I still think its one of the best Hoyt has put on a bow.....

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I have shot the katera.I loved the draw,speed etc.I didnt like a 6in BH ..I steer clear of under 7in BH..Thats just my personal opinion.I have not shot the alleg..But it appeals to me on paper spec wise

·
Registered
460 Posts
katera

I also have owned both. Both are great bows but for smoothness, speed and built like a tank-katera hands down!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
i have owned both and both are great bows cant go wrong with either

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
For me, the Ally would get my vote as it felt better and I have never liked hoyt's risers.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I bought an 07' Allegiance and have went through 3 other bows trying to find one I like better. My latest is the most expensive bow I have ever bought, but I still think the Allegiance will be heading to the woods with me this fall? The 07 and 08 are the same except cam color. That being said, I really liked the Katera and believe it is a really good bow. I don't think you have a wrong answer here, both very good bows.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've never had a Katera but I love my '08 Allegiance!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have 2 ally's. Broke my Katera and don't mss it at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts