Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
talked to my local dealer yesterday, he had a used 08 General in his shop has a whisker biscuit and 3 pin vipor sight and factory string suppressor on it...i asked about trading my 07 Reflex Ridgeline 32 with alpine drop away, front sts, low-end sight for it...his offer was this and $175....i thought about it a couple days and called him up today and accepted this offer...everything fits me on the BT already and i've shot it quite a bit to make sure it was for me and decided it was...can't wait to go in tuesday and get it :shade:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Congratulations. Fantastic bow. I loved shooting my General when I had it. It always wowed every shooter it came across. Sadly, a friend of mine now has it as a trade for a concrete bar top. Up side, my log bar with colored/stained bar top is awesome! Luckily, the Admiral keeps me smiling too. :wink:

·
Registered
289 Posts
The General will be one of "those Bows", the one you really enjoyed owning, and regret getting rid of. It is great hunting bow, one of the best for active hunting. Speed is it's weakness, but it has yet to be surpassed on a whole host of other qualities.
Brent.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it is lighter, quieter, yet still faster than my current bow, and has that amazing 8 and a quarter brace height, i shot it at the shop i'm getting it from with just a sight and whisker biscuit, no hand shock what-so-ever...i'm gonna love this bow...i just can't wait to pick it up

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now i just can't wait to pick it up

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next on the checklist is getting new strings and getting a Limbdriver but that'll have to wait a while

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also hope to figure how to put pics on this thing

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i LOVE MINE CONGRATS ON YOURS!!!!!
thanks, i seen your stats and you seem to have a short draw like me yet still seem to be getting great speed...that's awsome

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
talked to my local dealer yesterday, he had a used 08 General in his shop has a whisker biscuit and 3 pin vipor sight and factory string suppressor on it...i asked about trading my 07 Reflex Ridgeline 32 with alpine drop away, front sts, low-end sight for it...his offer was this and $175....i thought about it a couple days and called him up today and accepted this offer...everything fits me on the BT already and i've shot it quite a bit to make sure it was for me and decided it was...can't wait to go in tuesday and get it :shade:
I think you made a good deal. The General is one nice shooting bow. Congrats. Tick tock............:archer:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, that clock is ticking slow too....lol

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got 'er today

love the bow, shoots great, quiet, and not bad speed either, maxes out at 65 lbs. is this common? i'm glad because this way i can shoot it maxed out but i'm just wondering if these are common or not

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone know if a 65 lb general is common or special ordered?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts