Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 08 LH General 50-60# for a Christmas gift for an employee and am wondering if there should be any concern about the limbs.
Reading on AT I see there were some concerns about breakage and I don't want to give a gift that leaves the wrong impression (if ya know what I mean):wink: Were the problems with the 70# limbs only or all limbs?
I have not yet received the bow but need to know what to look for when it gets here.

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
You need to look for four rivets on the limbs where they attach to the riser. If they are there then no problem. You are one heck of a employee/ employer. Sweet gift. Imo the best bow bowtech has ever made.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
You need to look for four rivets on the limbs where they attach to the riser. If they are there then no problem. You are one heck of a employee/ employer. Sweet gift. Imo the best bow bowtech has ever made.
I believe this was the fix for the limb recall on the Bowtech General but not the guardian.

You could contact a local bowtech dealer with your questions since they are up on all the latest info from bowtech.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I will look for the rivits. I do have a very good proshop that I use and they are a Bowtech dealer. I will let them check it over.
After I bought the bow I started doing a little research on here and was just concerned about possiable problems.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have a ton of shots on my general with no problems. I wouldnt worry at all about it. And by the way guardian doesnt have any limb issues.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
I believe this was the fix for the limb recall on the Bowtech General but not the guardian.

You could contact a local bowtech dealer with your questions since they are up on all the latest info from bowtech.
that is CORRECT. the recall on the limbs ONLY effected the general, and only pretained to the 50-60# AND 60-70# limbs.

take a look at the ends of each limb. if there is a small silver rivet-type flange on it, then it is good to go and safe to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts