Archery Talk Forum banner

'08 Bowtech Guardian...What brand of stings?

2496 Views 16 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  DaRookie
I have an '08 Guardian, can anyone tell me what brand of stings come stock?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Bowtech makes thier own. Very good quality strings.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
agreed, all my Bowtech stock strings have been great! No need to replace them until they actually need it!

· Registered
12,283 Posts
Replaced my original Diamond strings with a new set after one year with Diamond string and cables. No problem. Since BowTech is the Diamond binary cam line they use the same strings and cables.

· Registered
5,892 Posts
I have thousands of shots on my '07 Guardian. Bought it 2 years ago this month.

It still has the stock strings on it and they are in great shape.

Kev

· Registered
3,141 Posts
Just sold an 08 Guardian.Shot about 100 shots and the servings around the cams on both the strings and cables started to unravel on the factory set.
Replaced it with a Bucknasty set with halo servings and problem solved.Still looked like new the day I sold it.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
What strand count did you get on your string/cables from Bucknasty? My Guardian is showing premature wear on the cable ends. The serving is unraveling on the ends. Pretty disappointing for a 4-5 month old bow (bought new).

Just sold an 08 Guardian.Shot about 100 shots and the servings around the cams on both the strings and cables started to unravel on the factory set.
Replaced it with a Bucknasty set with halo servings and problem solved.Still looked like new the day I sold it.

· Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
I've had hit or miss with Diamond/Bowtech/Ross strings.

My Ross strings lasted about 5000 shots before I had to replace them. My Scott's Strings replacement rocks.

My Diamond Razor Edge strings have had about 2200 shots, and I've got severe fraying around the peep sight. I have new strings for this bow from Scott's.

My son's Diamond Cutter has the same fraying issues around the peep sight, and is fuzzy to the point of fraying on the buss cables. I have new strings for his bow as well (from Scott's). He's got about 3000 shots through his.

My wife's Razor Edge has about 1000 shots through it. Her strings aren't showing much sign of fraying yet, but will likely do so.

So - it all varies.

-Steve

· Registered
969 Posts
I have Breathn strings on mine. 1500 to 2000 shots on them and still going great. Stock ones were getting ratty at 700 that I shot on the bow.

Mike

· Registered
976 Posts
I couldn't agree more! Thanks Elk Ivory! :wink::darkbeer:

· Registered
2,006 Posts
I had the stock strings on mine for a bit over a year of LOTS of shooting (no idea how many shots went through it, but there were a lot). The stretched a bit at the beginning, but after the first 100 shots or so they stopped. They lasted up until the last couple of months. The servings started separating inside the cam. I finally got some custom Winner's Choice string and cables. They have been great. No stretch at all. All is well with them.

But to answer your question, Bowtech strings are very good for stock strings, but you will be better off getting some after-market ones after a while.

· Registered
52 Posts
As others have said, the bow comes with Bowtech strings which seem to be of good quality. I've got an '07 Guardian that I'm guessing I've shot well above the average (almost every day for the first year or so) and the string is still in good shape. There's some unraveling in the serving at the cams, but nothing to be concerned about although I will probably go ahead and replace it after this season.

If you do replace it, I would recommend that you call Bowtech before changing the strings/cables as I think they only honor a few brands in terms of the bow's warranty. Obviously, replacing with their string will be covered, but I think the only other two are America's Best and possibly BCY. Again, I would just call them. I heard this from a local dealer, but would check with Bowtech first. Anyway, just something else to consider when the time comes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.