Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought a used Bowtech 82nd airborne and was absolutly loving it until one of the limbs started to shatter, thank God it didn't actually explode but anyway I contacted a local bowtech dealer and he talked to bowtech and long story short I had to lay down an extra 200 bucks for new limbs that were not abused in anyway but were a factory deffect so next time your looking into buying a used bowtech take this into consideration. I read up on this and the whole 08 line of bowtech bows had alot of problems with shattering limbs so please don't by an 08, go with an 09 or newer if possible. I'm not bashing bowtech or anything cause they make fantastic bows that shoot amazing! I LOVE my 82nd and will continue to shoot it for many years its just they need to stand behind their products cause who wants to spend an extra 200 bucks after only shooting the bow for a week and a half and on limbs that were deffected? Not this guy.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Got an 08 alligence love it....no problems. Sorry you have had a bad experience

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Bummer.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,394 Posts
They should make it good anyway.........Especially A factory Defect, i don't understand that at all.....:thumbs_do:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I had an 08 82nd for 3 days before I had any problems. I bought it new, and the dealer was nice enough to refund my money.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
08 Guardian for over a year with no problems. As a matter of fact? it's the best bow I've owned.

·
Registered
544 Posts
08 101st. I went through 3 sets of limbs in 2 years.
Really liked the bow but got pretty frustrated with the limb problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have any 70lb limbs for the 82nd for sale? Been waiting 2 and a half weeks for new limbs to be delivered from bowtech and I'm tired of waiting. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
When buying used consider buying a bow that has a lifetime warranty even if you are the tenth owner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after ordering the limbs it took them 3 weeks to tell my local pro shop that they no longer make the limbs for the 82nd, then they sent me a brand new destroyer 350 in the mail that day. I was more than excited to hear this. I've had it for a while now and it is the best bow I have ever shot! I hope that Bowtech can up the ante as far as customer service goes....

·
Registered
325 Posts
2008 Guardian. Bought new in 2008 and have shot it thousands of times. Not a problem yet.

I believe they did have some issues that model year though. Sorry you got ahold of a bad one. Those 82nds are slick bows though. Hope you enjoy it after this is all straightened out.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Exactly why I sold my Bowtech and will never go back. Had my own issues with a 82nd I bought brand new. Worst customer service I've ever seen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have shot those bowtechs but I bought a used limbsaver bow that had been abused badly and one of the limbs were weak I called limbsaver and sent bow to them got it back two weeks later new limbs cam and string no charge ill never shoot another brand, not to mention the bow is by far the best I have ever had in every category.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I have an 08 Connie. I havent had it long but it shoots great !! No problems yet. I tihnk most of the time a limb issue comes from improper pressing or trying to shoot to light of an arrow.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
How much better do you want it. They sent you a brand new bow. Lol. Not many companies that would do that if you bought the bow used

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts