Archery Talk Forum banner

08 pse shark x draw to short why?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PAFD ARCHER 
#1 ·
I have been having issues shooting this bow. Finally measured draw lenght and it is measuring 1 inch short. I have it on the ''a'' setting on the nrg inner cam and this should be 31 inches but it is measuring at 30 inches. The problem was that i couldnt touch my nose to the string without dipping my head and coulnt figure out why and this is the issue. I traded for this bow on here and it came with a new set of strings but havent taken them off to measure them. The specs are all within an 1/16 of an inch. Would to short of a string cause this. I dont have alot of experience solo cam systems as this is my first one. Any help would be great

#3 ·
Yes

I should have bought yours i guess. Yes it is in the ''a'' position and in the ''a'' spot for the draw stop. Short of takin the cutomstrings off and checkin them would it be the string is short??

#5 ·
Pic of cam

Im sure it is in the right position. I just dont want to take the string off if i dont have to... It is a great shooting bow i just dont want to shoot with a bent bow arm.

#7 ·
It is already in the long position as this cam has the set location and then the short - position. I took the strings off and measured them. String is right on at 101'' and the cable is short by almost 1/2 inch would this do it?

#8 ·
After a call to pse and a stumped tech on the other line. I maxed the limbs and started over. Put like five twist in the cable and took 3 or 4 twist out of the string. We did com to the conclusion that the bow was timed to the wrong tuning line. All said in done got the draw and hope i can shoot it better now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.