Votes: 79 59.0%
  • Mathews Conquest Apex 7

Votes: 55 41.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone....i narrowed my choices down to 2 bows that have pretty similar specs...One a Mathews and one a Hoyt....its just between these two now as i have looked at just about every other major bow out there and am now deciding between these two...so please let me know what you think...if you have any comments about either bow i would love to hear them....as i will probably not be able to shoot before i buy....

Hoyt Ultra Elite

Mathews Conquest Apex 7

·
Registered
930 Posts
It is alway nice to get others thoughts on equipment, but I would not base a purchase on just that. Best if you shoot both first and form your own opinion.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
The Ultra Elite with Spirals gets my vote. I have never heard anyone with a hoyt elite ever complain about there bow. My next bow will be a Vantage or an Ultra elite. I have the Pro and Want to own them all.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is alway nice to get others thoughts on equipment, but I would not base a purchase on just that. Best if you shoot both first and form your own opinion.
problem is my local dealer doesn't deal Hoyts....i am going have to order mine from another dealer and maybe in another state depending on who has the best prices...

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
you can pick up a used Apex7 for about 25% of retail,,,this is what I did, just to see how good of a bow it was,,,,that was 2 years ago and I have yet to find anything I can shoot better than an Apex7...LOVE MINE

·
Registered
277 Posts
New Bow

Tough choice, both are beautiful pieces of archery equipment, in saying that for 3D my choice would be, if your DL was above 29" the A7, 29" and under the prestige. I just put a new string and cable on my prestige yesterday, it took 3 twist on the sting, 5 twist on the cable, straight to spec ATA 35.4" BH6" and 60lb dead on with the scales. I guess what I saying is I like, not only the way they shoot but the simplicity of the 1 cam is brilliant.
But whatever you choose you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Both are such good bows I really don't think you'd be unhappy with either or them.

That being said, neither of my A7s will be going anywhere, anytime soon!

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Ok everyone....i narrowed my choices down to 2 bows that have pretty similar specs...One a Mathews and one a Hoyt....its just between these two now as i have looked at just about every other major bow out there and am now deciding between these two...so please let me know what you think...if you have any comments about either bow i would love to hear them....as i will probably not be able to shoot before i buy....

Hoyt Ultra Elite

Mathews Conquest Apex 7
I shoot the Apex 7 and love it. I am shooting 58 pounds on a 30" draw with a 350 grain arrow getting 283-284 fps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a conquest 4 and use that for indoor spots right now...

I have a 29" draw length btw...

i am worried the Apex 7 is too similar to the conquest 4

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry Hoyt

Ok i am a die hard Hoyt Shooter but when in comes down to a 3D bow that is going to deliver the performance that i need i will definetly go with the Apex 7 it is a great bow for 3D dont get me wrong i like the Ultraelite i just prefer the Apex 7 for 3D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ok i am a die hard Hoyt Shooter but when in comes down to a 3D bow that is going to deliver the performance that i need i will definetly go with the Apex 7 it is a great bow for 3D dont get me wrong i like the Ultraelite i just prefer the Apex 7 for 3D
LMAO............ do they send the limb pocket shims with the A7 or do you have to buy those separate? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts