Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading in my Reezen 6.5 on a new Monster 7.0. Just completed my first season bow hunting, and realy enjoyed it. I like the way the Reezen shot, but it is the only bow I have ever used. The specs look to be pretty close to each other, weight, speed, etc. What are the major differences I might notice between the 2? Thank you all in advance of your comments.

·
IBA Hunter
556 Posts
If the specs are similar, why would you want to trade? Anyways, I think you'll find that alot of guys are going to say shoot both and see what feels better, but the cam is pretty aggresive on the Monster which makes it IMO not as smooth as the reezen when drawing the bow.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,575 Posts
I bought a Reezen a few months back and shot all the bows they had at the shop. When I picked up the monster, I just hated it. Sooo top heavy, more than any other Mathews. So yeah, go with what fits you, thats what I did. Hated the Monster, loved the Reezen. I'm sure there is someone that had the opposite experience that me. I have shot a Z7 since it came out, and I really liked it! Wish it woulda been out when I bought my bow. I might have came home with something different.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Man, Mathews makes a 9 foot Reezen and a 10 foot monster. I don't know which one I'd choose but either one would be hell toting around through the woods!!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I shot the Reezen, Z7, and Monster 7.0. last week. The Z7 is really nice, just a little short for me, the string angle was severe. I like the Reezen but it feel top heavy to me and I didn't have sufficient clearance for my Blazers if I was shooting cock vane up. The Monster 7.0 is much smoother than the Monster 6.0, balances better, and has a narrower grip. It is about 15fps slower than the M6 though. I ended up buying an M7, I'm just waiting for my mods to come in. After shooting them all, there was no question which one I wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts