Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Tuesday was my birthday and my wife surprised me by ordering me a 09 Ultra Elite. We finalized the order yesterday and I went with the Blackout color, after seeing Jesse Broadwater's bow at NAA nationals I knew that was the color for me.

My question is, does anyone know if they put all black stings on the Blackout from the factory or do they have a color? Should I just rip them off and put on a set of WR strings right from the get go? I have only had one new bow and that was before I knew anything about them so I do not know how the factory strings are.

Does anyone have a picture of a UE blackout? Should I go red on the strings? I have a while to wait for it to come in...... its going to be a long 6 weeks!

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Well Tuesday was my birthday and my wife surprised me by ordering me a 09 Ultra Elite. We finalized the order yesterday and I went with the Blackout color, after seeing Jesse Broadwater's bow at NAA nationals I knew that was the color for me.

My question is, does anyone know if they put all black stings on the Blackout from the factory or do they have a color? Should I just rip them off and put on a set of WR strings right from the get go? I have only had one new bow and that was before I knew anything about them so I do not know how the factory strings are.

Does anyone have a picture of a UE blackout? Should I go red on the strings? I have a while to wait for it to come in...... its going to be a long 6 weeks!
Dude...Holly might seriously be the coolest person in the world. Happy Birthday. As for the strings, not sure which color it'll come with from the factory, but Blue/Flo Green has always been a favorite color of mine on a blackout bow.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got pretty lucky! I would like to get some blue in there since I just fletched up a dozen ACC's with Blue fletch and wraps.

Have you been shooting outside? We messed around at 60 yards last sunday but thats about it so far.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I think Hoyts blacked out bows come with black and silver strings on them. Alteast the blacked out AlphaMaxs that I saw had those color of strings on them.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My blackout came with black and silver. I replaced them before ever drawing the bow with a set of blue and flo green strings.............. they look great and really pop off of the all black bow.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
About any color strings will work good on a Blackout color bow....Black and blue will look good...A fella at the shop has a blackout UltraElite, and has solid Flo Yellow strings on His ....Harperman

·
Registered
583 Posts
I dont have pics yet but I just got my black out vantage elite and put red and black with red servings on it. It turned out awesome. My vantage came with black and silver strings on it also.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
All of hoyts target color bows that ive seen this year have the black and white or silver color strings. Last years came with corresponding colors to the bow, but for some reason they seem to be putting the black/white on as a standard set. In our shop we have gotten, a red VP, and a blue VP, along with a jade AM35, and a Jade Katera, and all have had those strings.

Derek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts