Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble tuning new right hand 09 X Force GX and Limb Driver rest. 26" draw, 60#, 27" Beaman MFX 500 arrows/ 100 gr pts. Can't eliminate bad nock left tear through paper and strong nock left impact when bare shaft tuning at all distances. Moving rest away from riser (left) does not help. Tried to retune with stiffer spined GT 400 arrows and still get same tears and impacts. I've always been able to bare shaft tune my bows to shoot with fletched field tips out to 40 yds and maintain great groups. This is troubling. I even removed the Limb Driver and installed a Trophy Taker and still got the nock left flight but not nearly as bad. I am thinking the problem may be the really small grip on the X Force. I am used to shooting Mathews bows with much larger grips. I am not a marksman but I am fundamnetally sound in my form. Any suggestions??

· Registered
92 Posts
There could be a couple of things. The first thing that I would check would be your grip. The grips on the matthews, while they look nice, they are not good for shooting form. You will understand if you look at any professonal Matthews shooters. The first thing they do is remove the grip. If that is not the problem, the other thing may be the limbs. The limbs on the x-force are not the same on the left and on the right side of the bow. The limbs on the cable guard side are actually stiffer than the limbs on the other side. To check this you would need to have the limbs removed to find the marking on the under side of the limbs in the limb pockets. I recommend you let a dealer do it for you. The limbs with the higher number marks are stiffer and need to be on the cable guard side. Also, the numbers for the tops and bottoms should match, top right should match bottom right and the same for the left. Hopefully this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.