Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thousand posts, where’d they go….A thousand posts, I think I know (thanks tie for the parody)! About half of them were made in a search for entertainment….which I believe is why AT has so much merit in the world of archery. Another 25% were helping, encouraging, and providing advice to others, mostly beginners….which is what AT is all about. 15% or so were posts in the Soapbox….which I primarily try to avoid, but find myself drawn to. The last 10% were seeking advice, particularly when I switched to shooting lefty two years ago and when I switched to freestyle recurve last year. (notice, OBT, that I didn't say "Olympic Recurve"!) :wink:

I’ve made many internet friends along the way here on AT and at the WAF/NFAA indoor tournaments….and so I want to thank the following:

onebowtie – at first I thought you were quite the odd character…but without doubt you are a most generous man. The king of entertainment on AT you are…long live the king! You are truly inclusive of all forms and venues of archery…and you call ‘em like you see ‘em. Thank you.

spectre – small in physical stature perhaps, but incredibly big hearted. You have been incredibly helpful my BowTech friend.

Silver Dingo – you old fart. :eek: Aussie kudos to you, I plan to see you at the IFAA Worlds next year….thank you for the invitation! And you can spit Xey out now, OK?

Big Country – you vouched for the Dingo and you were right….your word is good by me!

Africanbowhunter – Tink…crusty self proclaimed curmudgeon….thanks for the entertainment….and all you have done for archery and bowhunting. Best wishes to you and Red Dot in your semi-retirement.

Hood - you are the master of resurrecting dead threads…and of smacktalk entertainment!

Twobowtie and Archer_25 – OBT's alter-egos...thanks for the entertainment….I think.

Oxford and Daniel Boone – Thanks for doing thankless jobs….you two are the best mods in the business. Dan…don’t be discouraged with the classifieds…they are the best on the Internet because of your efforts.

GRIV - you are one of the classiest pros out there...and you know why I believe that. Thanks for your contributions here on AT.

Jim C – thanks for your OR and crossbow support on AT. It was a pleasure to shoot with you in Louisville. Please pass on my best wishes to your wife and son.

RichardB – Thanks for supporting our shop. I look forward to watching and supporting your archery career. Your talent has come a long way in the four years that I have known you. If you want to, you can become one of the very best!

gt – your forthright outspokenness belies your true and yet obvious love of archery. Thanks for what you have dedicated your career to – supporting our sport on the equipment development side….and for your direct support of archery events.

PSE X-Factor – You made things interesting for a while, whoever you are. And I’ll say no more. :zip:

limbwalker – our very own Olympian….thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. It was a pure pleasure shooting with you in Louisville!

And speaking of Louisville….and other tournaments this year, I want to thank the following archers who don’t visit this sight (that I know of):

Vic Wunderle – the way you treated my son in Conyers has made you his archery hero. Thanks for taking time to talk with him, and for being a role model to all of our JOAD kids!

Rick McKinney – You are a total gentleman and a true great ambassador for our sport. Thanks for your support and encouragement at Louisville! You made that tournament a great event for me.

Dave Kronengold - You've designed a winner!

Butch Johnson – Awesome to shoot with you in Pittsburg. Just awesome! What incredible talent.

Brett Lazeroff – Enjoyed shooting with you in Vegas. And I look forward to following your career….Olympic dreams are in reach for you if you chase that dream. Go for it, young man!

Lynn Riggs – What can I say….you are an incredible coach. Words just aren’t enough to thank you for your help and support.

Dan Hart – Thank you for getting me into this sport….way back in 1977. Man, has it really been that long?

And since onebowtie has declared today to be National Unit Day, I want to thank the following wonderful ladies:

Xxxbowho – I enjoyed talking with you in Vegas and Louisville. You are the most all around talented person I have ever met. The sky is the only limit….I know you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Kward – You are such an interesting lady….and a great ambassador for archery in your own right. You’ve already had a great career…and the best is yet to come.

Stodrette – Thank you for your encouragement.

G33k – my best to you in the future…and stay away from bats!

BowTech Babe – Thanks for your support of archery…you and I are a kindred spirit. And thank you for your kind PMs. The support and sympathy you extended are deeply appreciated…and sent back to you as well. You are a blessing.

And I cannot forget STSmansdaughter – you are a very classy young lady! Make the mutants proud girl….!

I know I have forgotten some, and I apologize.

‘Nuff said. Thank you all.

Chris

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
holy cow....you are my new olympic recurve hero OLSEY.....and you know how hard it was to get me off my last one ;)

great post....looking forward to the next 10000 post's

you are the man olsey.....

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
You must of had Special 1K for breakfast this morning. :p

Congrats on such stellar postage.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sagecreek said:
You must of had Special 1K for breakfast this morning. :p

Congrats on such stellar postage.
Sage, you figured me out. I did indeed have two Special K bars for breakfast this morning! :)

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
olsenck said:
Sage, you figured me out. I did indeed have two Special K bars for breakfast this morning! :)
ok....enough of the special k.....you still havent completely "earned" your way out of the merit box :p

looking foward to the dance on dingo fest next june....glad your coming along....did you get the emails????

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onebowtie said:
ok....enough of the special k.....you still havent completely "earned" your way out of the merit box :p

looking foward to the dance on dingo fest next june....glad your coming along....did you get the emails????
Yes I did, and I thank you. I need to practice up for the Dingo...I hear he chews 'curve shooters up and eats 'em. ;)

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
olsenck said:
Yes I did, and I thank you. I need to practice up for the Dingo...I hear he chews 'curve shooters up and eats 'em. ;)
only thing dingo chews with any kind of authority is....that crap they call...vegimite.....and whatever you do....when we get there...dont let him try to talk you into that stuff....

you will beat him with your curve.....he is just an old broke richard grey eyed dog....nothing more....

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
onebowtie said:
only thing dingo chews with any kind of authority is....that crap they call...vegimite.....and whatever you do....when we get there...dont let him try to talk you into that stuff....

you will beat him with your curve.....he is just an old broke richard grey eyed dog....nothing more....
I donno 'bout that, OBT. I witnessed the consumption of a 'curve shooter by the dingo not long ago. Not a pretty sight. :shade:

Now, just what is that vegimite stuff...I hear it comes from the land down under...

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
olsenck said:
I donno 'bout that, OBT. I witnessed the consumption of a 'curve shooter by the dingo not long ago. Not a pretty sight. :shade:

Now, just what is that vegimite stuff...I hear it comes from the land down under...
the best way i can describe that vegimite stuff.....cow pie

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darn

I forgot to thank my lovely wife (unit) Martha. She doesn't know or care anything about archery, but is very supportive of me and is the best mom I have ever seen. ;)

·
Archery Coach
23,358 Posts
thanks Man :cocktail: :smile:

we need more guys like you-especially in the SE to get FITA going full bore down there

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
olsenck said:
A thousand posts, where’d they go….A thousand posts, I think I know (thanks tie for the parody)! About half of them were made in a search for entertainment….

Chris

Hood - you are the master of resurrecting dead threads…and of smacktalk entertainment!

Thank ya Thank ya vary much, I will find a good oldy for you tonight and smacktalk it just fur you

tell you the truth, I never noticed you till a couple days ago :embarasse

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Olsey....... 997 of your posts are over there in the sololimb forum...... :D

You're a class act my friend (good or bad, merit or no merit) and I look forward to meeting you in person. Bring your butt to the Classic (it can't be that far from you) and the Mt. Dew is on me...... :shade:

Bring your stick with you. We'll shoot the SIMS or something. :)

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
olsenck said:

You can beat him with your curve.

Vegamite, it looks like the inside of a newborn's diaper. :D Black and nasty. :D

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
olsenck

Heere a good one

The cops once pulled me over in a small Neb town and he ask me my address

I said

3-5-7 Riverside avenue :rolleyes:

remember the song

three fiftyseven Riverside avenue...hehe

I got away with it too :teeth: and off I went with the bag

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Hey I think the water from behind your ears has officially dried. Mine are still real wet.
Congrats, from one right-handed southpaw to another :beer:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doc said:
Hey I think the water from behind your ears has officially dried. Mine are still real wet.
Congrats, from one right-handed southpaw to another :beer:
Thanks Doc, lefties gotta stick together. Speaking of "stick"...maybe we need to work on gettin' you into a 'curve! :p

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SPECTRE said:
Olsey....... 997 of your posts are over there in the sololimb forum...... :D

You're a class act my friend (good or bad, merit or no merit) and I look forward to meeting you in person. Bring your butt to the Classic (it can't be that far from you) and the Mt. Dew is on me...... :shade:

Bring your stick with you. We'll shoot the SIMS or something. :)
SIMS? What is SIMS? Is that some 3D term?

Gee, spectre...I...I...well, I donno... Wait a minute, that's marked yardage, right? We FITA types can shoot marked yardage! Yeah...that's right...I can do that.

Heck, I'M IN!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.