Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a burlap sack at atwoods for a 1.25 $ and just as an experament put some old carpet pad in there. i didnt really pack it down or anything . took a shot at it from my monster (306 fps) and it stopped about 5" deep and pulled with vary little effort.i will not be paying for a target any time soon.pics will follow shortly.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The carpet seems to be bad for the arrows, but carpet pad is a good idea. I stuffed mine with material from my grandmothers sewing room. Works real good. I also broke down and spent money on a Spider Web target and I feel this target is going to last a real long time. Spent $135 on it. I use the fabric stuffed target in the basement and the Spider Web outside. Carpet pad is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used a piece of carpet folded form and stuffed the pad between the folds it workes well and my arrows show no scratches or anything at all.the bag is light too my 9 year old can lift it .

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know why my pics arent showing up?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've been doing the same thing, but I'm getting feed bags from the pig farm for free and stuffing them with plastic grocery sacks. It all turns out to be free and the plastic sacks stuffed in there are great to pull arrows from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts