Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he's 2.5 years old this fall. One of the only bucks I've got on camera so far.:mad: Please note that this was a mid-JULY picture and that rack should be a little bit bigger by now.:nod:

-ZA

Attachments

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'd say 2.5.....he's got pretty good mass for a young looking deer. Shoot him so we can see his teeth.... =)

·
Registered
396 Posts
ZA206 said:
I think he's 2.5 years old this fall. One of the only bucks I've got on camera so far.:mad: Please note that this was a mid-JULY picture and that rack should be a little bit bigger by now.:nod:

-ZA
2.5 looks about right....what county you hunting in?

maxx

·
Registered
396 Posts
ZA206 said:
Cleveland county.... near Kings Mountain.

-ZA
not a bad area....im hunting alexander,catawba and burke,and will probally head to halifax and northampton as well.are in a club or just hinting private?

maxx

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Private, but this is my last year, so it's pretty much "brown and down" unless I get a bruiser on the camera. It's really going to be brown and down if I get shut out on the elk hunt..... I'll be out for vengance on all cervids!!!:eek:

I hate to be that way, but the deer will head off this property before next season rolls around anyway.... and I won't be able to hunt it (b/c of houses going up).

I'm hoping to get into a bowhunting or bowhunter FRIENDLY club a little closer to the house for 2007.

-ZA

maxx said:
not a bad area....im hunting alexander,catawba and burke,and will probally head to halifax and northampton as well.are in a club or just hinting private?

maxx

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yep, for a North Carolina buck, he looks to be 2.5 years......but I have see 1.5 year old Iowa bucks carry close to that size rack! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts