Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if any are the advantages to a 10 degree down QD?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I can tell the difference on 24in and longer bars. But with a 12in or under I don't see any difference than a straight dc.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Excellent question. This was one that I planned to ask as well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
For me it does help to lower the center of gravity but I also like the fact that at 10 degrees down it is completely out of my vision whereas the straight bar I can see the end of my front bar a little bit. I know I need to be concentrating down range but there are a few times where a bit of movement from the end of my bar does catch my attention.
Good luck...Labs

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I've shot extensively with both and feel the only advantage to using one is removing the end of your stabilizer from the sight picture. I can swap them around and my hold doesn't really change noticeably.

I prefer the down angle for eliminating it from my field of view.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,745 Posts
I have both straight and 10 degree down and I can't tell the difference. Can't remember a time when I ever saw my front stab, 30" with straight 1" quick disconnect.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I switched to 10 degree down recently and although I notice no difference in my float pattern. I feel I am able to achieve a stabil float slightly quicker. Might just be in my mind though. I've never noticed my straight front stab in my field of view though

·
Back Yard Champion
29,745 Posts
Well, when guys looked at my bow I heard a lot of; "Look at that!" ;)

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you find you have to run more weight with the 10 degree down??

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
If anything I think it makes the bar feel just a hair longer or you can use a hair less weight.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Do you find you have to run more weight with the 10 degree down??
I add more. When I first made the switch I had to add weight. I'm not sure if it was the change of cog or what

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I switched over to an angled down disconnect a couple years ago.. for me, I start my draw process higher than the target and come down on it.. so it helps me get on target quicker and start my aiming process faster (less time holding the bow back) and more time on aiming is key.
I run all 30" fronts on my bows (except for hunting) and I personally like about 4-5ozs of weight.. I also run 15" back bars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts