Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advantage or disadvantage to using a 10 degree down front Quick disconnect on a bow that primarly will be used with a 12" or less stabilizer?
Have a 10 degree on my target bow and buying another for the hunting bow. Wouldnt mind going with a 10 degree on it so that I can throw the longer stab on it if I like and play around with it.
But majority of the time the bow will be in hunting mode.
Guess it wouldnt hurt nothing to run a 10 degree down even with the shorter stab?

·
Registered
52,633 Posts
Take it off one of your bows and try it on the hunting bow----totally personal choice.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Play around with it and see what you like best. I spent about an hour messing with and and feel that with my 10" B-Stinger I can still tell a difference. Not like with my 30" obviously but every little bit helps when I am in the hunter class too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Just saw these used in the NFAA Indoor Nationals in the BHFS class. It is illegal to use and would put you in Freestyle at any NFAA event. If you plan to use it in your backyard or for hunting only, you may like it. If you plan on using it in competition, make sure to check the rules for the organization you are shooting in.

·
World & National Champion
34,000 Posts
It seems that the down disconnect works better for me on some bows then on others. I've had some that it takes out alot of the wiggle and other that it didn't make any difference at all. Try it and see. Worst case it doesn't work and you go back to the old setup.
www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
Registered
479 Posts
There was plenty of uproar this year in the bhfs class over shooters using a 10 degree offset. It was my interpretation that as long as the stab was under 12" then it was legal. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
There was plenty of uproar this year in the bhfs class over shooters using a 10 degree offset. It was my interpretation that as long as the stab was under 12" then it was legal. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno.
You are. There was an RIC on that very issue at an angled connection is not allowed in BHFS class. The key is that the stab has to mount straight (interpreted to be 90 degrees) from the mount. An angled attachment is not straight.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I just bought a Shrewd 8 degree QD and have not even got it on a bow yet, can't see any disadvantage and get a bit of cool factor. Cheers

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive been shooting with the 10 degree now for awhile and I do like it. It sure wasnt a bad thing! I think it works well.

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
10* down just takes out that initial swimming in your pin when you reach full draw and hit the stops. If you've ever shot with a long bar and a lot of weight and hit the stops hard the bow swims side to side to and then settles, same if you ever shot like a 12" B-stinger with the 16oz or whatever weight on the front it swam the same, the 10* just makes that motion stop sooner really.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Down angle seems to settle the side to dude movement a bit quicker. 8-10 has worked great for me. 20 was a bit too much and u got a dip in my float

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I run one on my hunting bow. Settles the pins down quicker. I also like to run as close to my target rig as possible. Helps me switching between the 2 rigs.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I switched to a 10 degree down QD and I believe that it helps me to hold more steady.

·
Registered
370 Posts
A company named Trinity makes an adjustable 10 deg. stablizer, works fine at 10" long. They also make a 8" . Comes with an additional weight as well.

·
I am a Junky
6,228 Posts
Again it is personal but I will not know as I shoot it in the bow hunter class for NFAA and I cannot use one at all... It is like asking what amount of weight should I put on the end of my bars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts