Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can't see a logical reason why it would not be legal in bow Hunter class, I figure if there's an issue then it is in the measuring of the stabilizer, but that would only play if you're running right on the limit.
Otherwise I do not see a good reason to disallow down stabilizers for any class!

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
I can't see a logical reason why it would not be legal in bow Hunter class, I figure if there's an issue then it is in the measuring of the stabilizer, but that would only play if you're running right on the limit.
Otherwise I do not see a good reason to disallow down stabilizers for any class!
I can't see a logical reason for a lot of rules or laws myself, but that doesn't matter. The rules are the rules. The rules for BHFS per the NFAA states that a stabilizer cannot extend 12" and must be straight. Because an angled mount is not straight by definition, it is illegal per the rules. Don't like the rule, try to get it changed. Disagreeing with the logic of it will not change it.

·
Back Yard Champion
32,600 Posts
Are all quick disconnects the same size?
Diameters vary some as do lengths. One of my favorites and no longer made is the Pro Release. It adds 1.5" to stabilizer length. The fastest disconnect I know of. Think a air coupling or a hydraulic coupling. Pull sleeve off the stab comes or pull sleeve insert main body to tapered fitting to goes in the bow.
I've used it for close 10 years and it's as tight as ever. Ever so often I have rap the stab to break taper lock.

White Light Black Auto part Camera accessory

21 - 25 of 25 Posts