Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

In a 3D setup, what is the advantage of running your front stab at a 10 degree angle vs just straight?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
To me it’s about getting the weight as low as I can. Looks cooler too : )

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
Personal preferance. I have tried it both ways, I like straight for my setup over the 10 down.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
I like a 10 degree. In theory if it’s at an angle you’ll get a little of the pendulum effect to make it harder to move off of center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
29,746 Posts
I have two target setups, both for 3D. One has a straight and the other a 10 degree down and I can't tell anything different about them.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Really for me I like 10 degrees just so I can keep arrow centered on stabilizer. For whatever reason it drives me crazy when it's not centered on bar.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i would say, before u put anything on the bow, see how it feels. if it automatically wants to fall forward, i would say use the 10 degree, if its neutral or even falling backward from the get go, use straight. its all about leverage, weight can help float, but u want it in the right place. if you start off with the stab in an un-ideal position , then you will either limit the weight u feel comfortable putting on, OR put so much on to get the reaction u want that youll make it heavier than u like.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I use a 10 degree so I cannot see the end of my stab moving.....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Pendulum effect is what I was told. It works for me so I use it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I bought one but I have found no advantage. Yet I use it because I bought it and have found no disadvantages.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I use a 10, it seems to settle my bubble easier and not "waggle" quite as much.
And, as said, out of my view too.

QDs are cheap, try them and see what works for you.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I have two identical bows with the same setup except the stabilizer. One is straight the other is 10 down. The only reason I had for this is with one at 10 I was getting more than a few high shots. After changing to the straight they went away. I understand it could just be me but either way it worked out. Left to right really did not get affected as I use the side bar to get that where I want it. As mentioned you should try both in the field and take note on what groups and scores better. The down angle also felt heavier with the same amount of weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts