Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have first hand experiance with these heads? Where was your shot located? How was your bloodtrail? How far did your animal go? I have a few of the 100 grain 7/8" model and was thinking about using them this year. Man they look small!!!!!!!!

·
11,954 Posts
They are small, but they are sharp and fly great. Shot a couple deer last year with them. Both dead and both didn't go farther than 80 yards.

I am using them again this year, only the Pro's which are 1".

Good luck.

·
Registered
728 Posts
A buddy shot a bear with one saturday evening in N.Ga. Not much blood at first but after about 25 yards you could run beside it. Bear only went about 80 yards. Head was intact also. Shot was 36 yards broadside, perfect double lung. What more can you ask for.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Got a free one and have been shooting it a good bit, it flies like a field point, and stays quite sharp after alot of shooting into a block target.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Sonic heads are awesome me and my staff all shot the sonic 100 grain 7/8 heads last year My shot was not the best as i hit a twig on the way out ,it hit the buck right in the shoulder and busted his shoulder and kept going to his vitals he ran 15 yards and droped and to beat all me and the President of American Broadheads Derrick Perkins was in the field together to witness this event unfold Awesome way to end the hunt.
I will say that even if they didnt sponsor us we would all use them they are the best heads me and my staff has shot.If i can find some pics of reviews i will post them

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sonic Pictures

here is a test using the sonic pro 100 grain 1" cut shooting thru 1/2 inch plywood as you can see no damage to the tip.This test was using a mathews lx @60 ib and 28 1/2 draw arrow is 29 1/2 long.It will have no problem going thru deer.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I shot a doe last year straight down thru the spine. Drop her in her tracks 2 feet from the bottom of my tree. Head worked great blew thru here spine and then worked on the lungs.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I shot a 7 pointer at 10 yards last year with the 100gr 7/8" Sonic last year. The deer went all of about 35 yards. there was blood at the shot site and and easily followable bloodtrail right to him, not that I needed it. I could see him laying there. My buddy and I specifically followed the blood trail just to see the amount of blood because he was sceptical of the small head. Well, my buddy is hunting with these broadheads this year too now. LOL

BTW.... With zero adjustments on my setup last year, these heads were hitting with my field points out to 45 yards (didn't try any farther) and that was with 30-35 mph cross winds. Yes, my bow is very well tuned and setup but that still impressed the hell outta me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Broken bones

I shot this fallow deer two weeks ago in Texas. I broke two ribs and punched through the shoulder blade. While the blade was nicked up a bit the entry/ext holes were great. The deer went 20 yards. Im using them this year on everything!!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Great Posts!

Just got some to try except they are the Pro 100's that are 1". I was a little worried about their size but all I read above was how good they have worked, good enough for me! Any one else out there use them?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Any more updates or testing with the Sonic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just started shooting the 7/8" sonics. The are hitting right with my field points. I have never had that happen before with thunderheads.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another Test

Hi All here is another test i did using the sonic pro 100 grains 1" cut shot at a 1x4 shooting a mathews lx set at 65 pounds @ 25 yards.I was verry impressed by how well it did i knew it would do great but i was again blown away there is no doubt the sonics penetrate anything in the wild you will shoot at.

No Damage Done to the Blades

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I almost tested mine out on the real thing yeaterday. I saw 7 does but they where just out of range.:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
S-100

Pulled a shot last year on a buck that would not stop walking. Accidently hit a bit far back as he quartered angled hard away from me ..

Sonic 100 entered the right ham and exited the left shoulder...Thats about 40" of penetration. Deer took five jumps and folded.

Shot another nice buck (180 lbs) THROUGH both shoulder blades and the arrow fell out after first leap.Deer went 50yds crashing through dry pine thicket.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts