Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel very much loss without my Kodabow Zulu now,
Going to Buy a new Kodabow Zulu set up for Alaska I will post my Alaskan adventures soon with my Kodabow Zulu bow,

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tim50 if you see this post can you tell me how you like your Kodabow Express

Thank You

Joe

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I like the Express! It is a nice draw & has plenty of speed for my type of hunting. The only drawback to the Kodabow line-up, IMO is they are heavy. The quality is outstanding!
And if you ever need help from the manufacturer they are great to deal with. Truly first class. If you get Chuck on the phone you'd swear that you were the most important call of the day because you are!
The machine work is just amazing. I do agree that it would be nice to lose some weight but that weight helps in steadying the bow from a bench.

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Express! It is a nice draw & has plenty of speed for my type of hunting. The only drawback to the Kodabow line-up, IMO is they are heavy. The quality is outstanding!
Thank u all for your input

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Thank u all for your input

Joe...The Kodabow is a tank! It is very well made and in you position in Alaska it would serve you well!! The recurve platform would be my choice for your remote position. ( As would the Excal & Middleton) Get Boo to make you up a string or two for your Zulu and you will be set. No wheels or timing to worry about. And as Boo stated workmanship & customer service is second to none. I called Kodabow with a question & they could not have been more helpful. IMO company's with this type of customer service should move them up the bow buying list! Plus with the telescoping stock it makes the bow more compact to fit the pack you posted....Good luck with your choice but I would take a long hard look at Kodabow for your Alaskan Adventure!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
One of the nicest and refreshing things about Chuck and his crew is that there are no politics or adjendas when taking to them. I mentioned that to Chuck one day and he said that it was their Naval training. Honor, truth and being gentleman were all required of them in training and in practice. Personally I think that although their bows are great those personality traits are the best things they have going for them!
They truly are a first class outfit!

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joe...The Kodabow is a tank! It is very well made and in you position in Alaska it would serve you well!! The recurve platform would be my choice for your remote position. ( As would the Excal & Middleton) Get Boo to make you up a string or two for your Zulu and you will be set. No wheels or timing to worry about. And as Boo stated workmanship & customer service is second to none. I called Kodabow with a question & they could not have been more helpful. IMO company's with this type of customer service should move them up the bow buying list! Plus with the telescoping stock it makes the bow more compact to fit the pack you posted....Good luck with your choice but I would take a long hard look at Kodabow for your Alaskan Adventure!
I agree Tim, Kodabow and Matrix both both are over built Xbows just what I need in Ak ,Boo did make me one hella of good Flemish string for Kodabow bow worse thing I ever did was sell Kodabow ,

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the nicest and refreshing things about Chuck and his crew is that there are no politics or adjendas when taking to them. I mentioned that to Chuck one day and he said that it was their Naval training. Honor, truth and being gentleman were all required of them in training and in practice. Personally I think that although their bows are great those personality traits are the best things they have going for them!
They truly are a first class outfit!
Well that's true I meet Chuck in person at his shop not far from my Brothers home,His Xbows I call pass me downs no pun intended meaning that you can pass them down to kids ,family as they last so long .I worked for Navy as water RO treatment trainer non military worker on many types of ships,
Fads come and go I believe that's why Kodabow just keeps selling at a steady pace .

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe,
What is the trigger like in the Kodabow ?
Right up there with a TT trigger and Middleton sniper trigger
Only difference is my Zulu 225lb trigger pull was around 3.5-4lb but no creep breaks nice like glass in winter I like trigger around 3-5 lbs
2.5 lb being about lightest TT trigger I just tried one time was very nice,

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Right up there with a TT trigger and Middleton sniper trigger
Only difference is my Zulu 225lb trigger pull was around 3.5-4lb but no creep breaks nice like glass in winter I like trigger around 3-5 lbs
2.5 lb being about lightest TT trigger I just tried one time was very nice,
Thanks Joe.

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Deer Roe deer Snout Deer hunting Hunting
Reindeer Deer Elk Antler Wildlife
Bow and arrow Bow Compound bow Musical instrument
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

Pictures as asked the buck I killed 2 day after I got that Zulu,
Flemish string in picture Boo strings made it a great string made bow shoot more quiet .

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am now going put 75% of my time and effort here at Kodabow treads and help like I did with DTM SS sold hundreds of them SS bows with my posts,now going do same here come up to try a Kodabow The Rock Star gives his stamp of yes try a Kodabow and Don't Worry Be Happy.
Ill Be Back

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I am now going put 75% of my time and effort here at Kodabow treads and help like I did with DTM SS sold hundreds of them SS bows with my posts,now going do same here come up to try a Kodabow The Rock Star gives his stamp of yes try a Kodabow and Don't Worry Be Happy.
Ill Be Back
Good news for Middleton bad news for Kodabow!!! My Kodabow is shooing lights out! I'm thinking you will enjoy your Kodabow up in Alaska! Are you getting Boo to hook you up with one of his top notch strings again? He's the best!

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news for Middleton bad news for Kodabow!!! My Kodabow is shooing lights out! I'm thinking you will enjoy your Kodabow up in Alaska! Are you getting Boo to hook you up with one of his top notch strings again? He's the best!
I would like Boo make Flemish and Endless loop string yes.

·
Banned
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a Dream,
A new Kowabow will appear very soon all my dreams always have a way to come true .
It was a single limb Kodabow 31" uncocked and 27" cocked with sexie looking curved limbs 350fps

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.