Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever shoot at a 100 yd target bunch of us guys do once a year we put up a target 100yds deer head something small and shoot closest to eye wins if there is a tie meaning if two or more hit it tell ya lot of fun try it . ( ps anyone can hit up close )

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Anybody got a picture of "Bigfoot" they can post? 101 yards and a whole lot of praying.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You used to get a coupon for 50% off at a lot of the dealers at Redding if you hit the super kill with both shots on Bigfoot at the 101 yards. I don't think you do any more. I've gotten 21 on it but not 22. That is my goal each year.:D

Mike

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
I once hit a 3d antelope target at 112 yards...with a bow that wouldn't do over 200fps... Blind dumn luck..LOL But I got 5 bonus points for that day's score.

·
Registered
73 Posts
At the end of our 3-D round we put a Bull Elk @ a unknown distance between 96 and 120 yds. $1.00 per shot. The one closest to the orange dot got Half the pot and the other half went to the club and for target upkeep and such.

Andy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep it's called a FITA round. Most fun you'll ever have being able to count to three before your arrow hits. and the ten ring is only baout 4 1/2 inches wide! Matt

S

·
0 Posts
I shot a 60 on a clout round on one end several years ago with my hunting bow. i think the mens round is like 180yrds

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
At Yreka, CA they had a Buffalo at an unknown distance that turned out to be 125 yards and we got 3 shots for a dollar. I had a spotter and my first arrow was high, the second was low, so I went in between and somehow hit the dot. That was early in the day, so I had to wait for a few hours to make sure someone didn't get closer to the center of the dot. I won the pot. :) Talk about dumb luck.

Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
100 yd target

We just had our Silver Dollar shoot here in the mountain range of Las Vegas. Our one target that all come to shoot is our 9 ft silver dollar set out to 123 yards! Great fun and this is where you build or lose points. Try it next year for yourself. Las Vegas Archers

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
mike, some of the manufacturers still do have discount coupons/tokens if you 22 Bigfoot in Redding. Carter and Copper John offered discounts and Winners Choice gave out a free t-shirt for the deed. Got my first one (22 on Bigfoot) this past year :D. And sad to say, had a tighter group on BF than I did several targets later on a 25yd pheasant :( ! Cest le vie, or something to that effect, lol :).

>>------->

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shooting 100 yards is a blast !!

A 3D shoot I go to had novelty targets at their shoots. They had an elk at 94 yards, with a 4 inch orange circle in the 12 ring, and the same elk at 103 yards the next week. They charged $1 a shot, with the chance to win $60 the first time, and $50, the second time. I won it both times.
Shooting that distance will really make you concentrate on your form. After shooting 100 yards, shooting 20 yard targets is like shooting fish in a barrel. I think everyone should try shooting 100 yards at least once, you might be surprised at how well you can do at longer distances. I have shot 5 shot groups that were under 6" at 100 yards. I never dreamed that I could do that with a bow. I am hoping to compete in some FITA 90 meter competitions next year, just to see how I stack up against the rest of the world. I never would have considered it, if it hadn't been for those novelty targets. If you want to test your form, and your mental game, back up to 100 yards, and shoot a group.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One of the rounds shot regularly here in the UK is called a York. Total is 12 dozen arrows, but 6 doz. are shot at 100yds, with 4 doz. at 80yds and the last 2 doz. at 60yds. The target face is a regular FITA face (9 inch wide gold), but the scoring is 5-zone only i.e. 9, 7, 5, 3 or 1pt from gold to white.

This means that the maximum possible score is 1296. The current UK record is 1278, which means only 9 arrows of 144 outside the gold. With so many being shot at 100yds this is pretty good shooting.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi adam

having fun see you next week at the indoors
pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts