Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot the 101st at the bowshop. Man that is a sweet bow. Similar draw to my Tribute with the speed mods, a tad bite louder but not much, and dead in the hand. Do any of you shoot 3d or competition with it?

I figured i could shoot down around 60lbs and still shoot 320fps.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Shoot a 101st for 3D. I won the Metropolis ASA with it in Open B and my friend Chad Hilburn won Semi Pro with his 101st, so it does pretty good for 3D.

I have mine set at 59lbs, shooting a 400 grain arrow with a 29" draw and am getting 282 fps.

Richard

·
Registered
126 Posts
29 inch draw gold tip UL 400 cut to 28 1/4 inches 80 grain tip total 335 grains
at 57 pounds draw i was getting 316 with it so at 60 ya you should be around that number for sure

as for 3d first tourney out i got 4th in hunter
i might add the day before my general blew up and hit my wrist hard so i wasnt at my best and this bow was set up 10 at night and i had only put 20 or 30 thru it before i went to the tourney

so ya it make one heck of a good 3d bow i think

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's a great 3D and hunting bow. I loved my Allegiance, but I am already shooting better scores with the new 101st. I really like the bow.

I will be shooting another tournament next weekend with several others who also love the way their Airbornes shoot.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It is my MBR set up for 3-d, i love it. Its very fun to shoot and with my CXL250's its fast!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Nice dude!!, wheres the red wheels though!!?? My next strings will be red and black or orange and black

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
I have an 82nd and i love the bow. At 27" 70lbs im shooting a 430 gn arrow at 288. This thing shoots lights out. i did some tweaking to it and it is very quiet. i added a fuse string suppressor and i replaced the factory short stop head with a sts rubber stopper. I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have'nt yet chrono-ed mine but my guess is since im @ 29 and 67lbs with a 380 gn arrow I'm prob getting 295-320fps..All I know is that its made me a night and day better shooter. Esp out to 60 yards....tack driver!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool

That is one sweet looking black 101st. I would love to get one this year and set it up for 3d but my wife would kill me as i just got a Tribby last summer. Plus i have to buy a new boat motor before next year. Oh well maybe i could get a used motor instead of new and with the money i save on the motor get the 101st tricked out. Maybe she would be a little more understanding. lol :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts