Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons ??? for hunting and some fun 3D, for somebody with a 29.5draw. Compared to a 07 Allegiance ?? What's your personal preferance ? I'm going to order one or the other in a day or two (if I can wrestle the Allegiance out of my hands)......help me out here guys and gals.I've shot both and they are awesome

·
Registered
33 Posts
82 and 101

I work at Bowtech and I hear alot about the airborns. depends on what your looking for. there great for 3d shoots and i've heard peaple say there harder to tune broad heads because how fast they are. I've owned the 05 and o6 Alligiance. My friends had to beat me with a stick to get rid of am. i've bought the General. there more forgiving for tuning.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sooooooooo is the speed of these Bows going to cause flight problems with Broadheads ?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Forgiveness refers to how much the bow magnifies your error when your form or release is less than perfect. In theory a shorter brace height or shorter axle to axle or faster bow makes a small variation in your form seem greater than a slower, longer, higher brace height bow. If you torque your bow on release a shorter brace height makes a 1/4 inch movement at the grip a larger angle of error down range than the same 1/4 inch movement would make on a longer brace height bow. My 82nd was the easiest bow I've ever tuned and broadhead flight is perfect. Shoot both and see which one feels best for you.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I am not a believer that speed is a factor in broahead tuning. I believe it is in how the bow delivers the speed. The airbornes are very tunable bows. They sit well in the hand before and after the shot. I don't think it will be a problem tuning broadheads according to what I have experienced with the airbornes.

With a 29.5 draw, I would opt for the 101st. You can give up that 1" brace height and still smoke arrows. The longer brace height will be more forgiving when it comes to the hunting clothes you wear.

Forgiveness is a term used to describe the shooting consistency of a bow. A faster bow with lower brace height will hang on to the arrow longer due to the increased power stroke. If you make any bobbles during the shot, it is more likely to show up with a speed bow. If you have good form and good composure, you won't notice any difference between the 82nd and 101st.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Very shootable bow. About the same speed an as ally, so not gaining much. A little longer, more parallel limbs. Mine is much quieter and less shock than my 06 ally. Guess one good thing to show how well it shoots, we were hog hunting last week, and 2 people tried my bow. Both were my draw length, but had never shot a 101 before, and right out of the box, they both were drilling bullseyes at 20 yards, with MY bow. I switched from an 06 to it, and not sorry yet. What amazing me is how smooth and quiet it is. The 82 is close, but I just felt like the extra 10 FPS wasn't worth the low brace height. I added the one piece grip to, which makes my 101 a 6 7/8 brace, but that would have made the 82 about 5 3/8. A little short for me. The one piece allowed me to go 1/2 inch longer mods, so I gained 5 FPS over my allegiance. Sorry, also forgot. Slick tricks out of this bow with my bemans are doing 314 fps and they fly and hit perfect.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jury is still out with me- I'm not yet convinced that it's the bow for me. I can get good groups out to 60 yards- 4"- 6" But the problem is that the groups at 20 yds are the same. No x's or 12 rings for me. I also get a flier every 4th or 5th shot. Maybe it's the short brace- maybe its me- Ive been shooting for 30 years though- and haven't had these probs before.
Will go try the 101 again soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My experience has been similar to Bartman's above. I went from an 06 Ally to the 101st and I like it. The longer brace heigth was the reason for going with the 101st instead of the 82nd. I am shooting 70# at 29.5 DL. and shooting a heavy hunting arrow (450gr.) in the high 280's. The bow holds vey well, is quieter and faster than my Ally was. I have shot some Slicktricks out to 40 yards and grouping has been excellent. I am still getting use to the feel of the bow but I really like it so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.