Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got your attention didnt I.They wer warning me they had to put a deer down that was hit by a car.I got the permit for it from them gonna see if it`s salvagable.Probably wait till mornin I`m kinda tired

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Got your attention didnt I.They wer warning me they had to put a deer down that was hit by a car.I got the permit for it from them gonna see if it`s salvagable.Probably wait till mornin I`m kinda tired
Not to sound ignorant, but it probably will as I'm in Oregon. Do you sign up to be notified when there is a car hit of a deer? I have just never heard of this and I'm curious.
Thanks, Colette

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to sound ignorant, but it probably will as I'm in Oregon. Do you sign up to be notified when there is a car hit of a deer? I have just never heard of this and I'm curious.
Thanks, Colette
No it was in my back yard, they wanted to warn me they wer gonna shoot it so I didnt grab my gun when I heard a gun shot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks, Colette
Here in Mercer County, IL we have a list of people who would take a deer if it is hit by a vehicle. Just call your local Sheriff's office and ask them.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
lovestobowhunt said:
Do you sign up to be notified when there is a car hit of a deer? I have just never heard of this and I'm curious.
Here in Ohio, there's a "road kill" list that you can call both the closest State Highway Patrol post and the local county Sheriff and be put on it. If you get to the deer and decide that it's too damaged, they'll call the next person on the list. :)

Some of the deer are slightly hit and the main meat parts are not damaged. A very inexpensive way to fill your freezer. :hungry:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
....or...a couple years ago I was out cutting firewood and was coming out of the woods and bumped about 8 deer..well they ran right to the main state road and wham a lady in a truck hits one...I come pulling up on my tractor with a load of wood and she says..."did you scare those deer?" I shrugged my shoulders and said..."you gonna eat that...?" went home with a load of wood and some backstraps(with a permit of course)I never saw the deer until they were running across a cut field...when I saw them I thought, great, hope no one hits one.....he ate good though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts