Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

What does everyone think this deers age is and what will he score? He has been a regular visiter and my stand location. He looks young to me and it sure is hard passing up a 12 pointer.

thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
Definitely has those TX Genetics...

Great buck...

Age? Hard for me to tell though he looks young...yet very developed... I will go with 2 1/2 years old and approximately 140" of antler.

GO GET HIM!

·
Registered
28 Posts
140ish

Have to agree with Seth, around 140 due to the beam length.
I would say around 2 1/2 yrs. also. Good looking buck, next year
he should be awesome. Pretty hard to pass on a 12 point tho.
Good luck this season.

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
Depending on your situation, I say SMOKE HIM!

If you will have an opportunity at this buck next season, wait. His antlers will definitely impove in mass / length if I am correct in his age...

BUTTTT I think I would shoot him no matter what. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
IMO i would have to say 2 1/2 years, about 140 class due to the beam length, great deer nonetheless! good luck on him:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I could never pass that up, but he is a super deer in terms of future potential. I would say 140 ish as well. One thing to consider is that as bucks get past the 3.5 mark, they get increasingly harder to see during daylight hours. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
definatly a young deer....His back is still rounded and he doesn't even have much of a pot belly. I agree with the above...2 1/2 or so.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Very young buck for that rack..if I was ever going to let one grow he would be it.
He will have a monster rack in just a yr or two.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Seth the XSlayr said:
Age? Hard for me to tell though he looks young...yet very developed... I will go with 2 1/2 years old and approximately 140" of antler.
My exact guess also. Definitely looks young. He has the potential to be a true monster in 1-2 years. HOWEVER, he wouldnt see those 1-2 years if he came by me.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Man those TX deer are hard for me to judge age on sometimes, he looks really young to me too, I probably would have said 2 1/2 but he's got some awfully nice horns to be that young and a really unique rack!! He would not see his next birthday if he came by me within bow range!! '94

·
Registered
66 Posts
That deer needs 2 more years at a minimum. If you shoot him this year, you loose the potential to spread some outstanding genetics to your herd as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ShedSeeker said:
That deer needs 2 more years at a minimum. If you shoot him this year, you loose the potential to spread some outstanding genetics to your herd as well.
I agree.

Great pics and great buck btw.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let...

Him Walk. He's too young and imagine how many does he can breed in 2 years! In just a few short years you'll have lot's of bucks with those genetics running around.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
146 needs another year

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
I am used to judging midwestern bucks, but my guess is this guy is 2 1/2 years old.

If he is somewhere that you feel he has a relatively good chance of surviving......I would give him two more years to breed and grow.

He sure is a dandy.....imagine what he will be in another two years!:eek: :tongue:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts