Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who uses an outside battery pack on there trail cams. what kind do u use and how well does it work. i have an out of state lease and can't get up there as often as i need to.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm going to start this year.

I've got a couple of cheapo Wildviews with the external 12 volt jack so I rigged up a piggy back connection and hooked it to my truck battery just to test. It worked like a champ.

I'm thinking about getting riding lawn mower batteries and putting them in old metal ammo boxes for actual use in the field. I can get a decent sized battery for about $20 bucks at Fleetfarm. Should last the entire year I'd think. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I use to use them and still have a couple that I still use but most the cams i have now are Bushnell Trophy cams and they go a long long time on 8 AA batteries. There have been some that were out for 5+ months and the batteries were still good.. Randy

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looked into the bushnell camera's, but really have a hard time parting with 200 bucks then leaving them 400 miles from home in the woods. thinking about the referbished i40 from moultrie

·
Catty Shack
12,177 Posts
I use 12 vt,8 amp sealed burglar alarm batteries on my the D40 Moultries. Works like a champ.

I called Moultrie about the 12v solar panel/battery charger and she said I had to use (6) rechargeable batteries and the 12v solar panel changes the voltage to 9 volts - makes sense to me. The solar panel just recharges the batteries, doesn't actually run the camera.

But does your D40 normally take 8 batteries or 6?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok here's the deal. don't poke fun but when u start talking about changing voltages you lose me. is there a switch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts