Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after watching Troy’s ( ranch fairy) video I’m planning on shooting a 125 g possibly 150 g Coc fixed blade next season with my already heavy pile drivers ,(with a 50g brass insert)
Just looking for recommendations.
( debate free please just looking for recommendations for a broadhead).
Thanks!
Ps probably won’t spend $100 on a pack of 3.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,196 Posts
Magnus stinger 150gr broadheads are good, I believe the only mechanical would be swhacker 150. NAP F.O.C (but 170 grain).

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
bump up the brass to 75gr or 100gr. thats $12 a dozen at 3riversarchery. then use a 100gr head, magnus stinger, black hornet, or snuffer. that way you dont get stuck with fewer options and can use the heads you already have. if your arrow can handle a heavier head, youre better off with more brass.

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
150gr Magnus Stinger/Buzzcuts seem like such a great, durable head especially for the price when compared to others in the same weights/category. The other head that had me interested was the Steelforce African Phathead at 145gr.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Have not used it yet but I am did 100 grain brass insert and 150 grain Magnus Buzz. Seems like a pretty mean set up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hard to beat Magnus for its price point if you don't want to shell out $100 for Iron Will or Bishop. Shot Magnus' Black Hornets, Stingers/Buzzcuts for years and never had a single complaint.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm shooting the Slick trick Xbow 150 gr this year but like everybody said the magnus stingers are hard to beat.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I'd skip the brass insert and just buy a head in the 175-200 grain weight. There's a much better selection of cut on contact fixed blade heads in that weight range.

I'd say you need to look no further than VPA, great two or three blade heads. Cutthroat is also a great two blade. Too many choices to list really.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Phatheads and razor tricks here
But I think the razortricks are discontinued

Not sure if they are considered 4 blades or 2 as the main blades are larger than the other

·
Have Bow, Will Travel
451 Posts
Grizzly makes a good solid 150 gr 2 blade single bevel screw in. I will second what Easykeeper said, skip the brass insert as there are lots of choices for 175-200 grain heads.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts