Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I watched it yesterday. Very good, and I believe, very factual. Very somber and quiet when people were walking out. It's probably a good thing Hillary didn't stroll through when it was over, based on comments I heard while waiting in line.

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
Want to see it, might try this weekend.

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
The Revenant and 13 Hours is on my hit list . . .

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
The Revenant and 13 Hours is on my hit list . . .
Revenant is ok, great scenery which made the movie for me, story line was kinda weak IMO.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
The republicans should show it on national tv

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
The republicans should show it on national tv
The plan ...is for it to hit Netflix & HBO right before the election, maybe even free TV ... LOL

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Gotta say ... here's the state of this nation ... On the democrat ticket we have Bernie Sanders; clearly an avowed Communist, and Hillary Clinton; as close to a sure criminal as I've ever seen ... and there's a good chance of them getting elected!!!! THAT's where this country has come to.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
We saw it this weekend. Excellent action but a little disjointed . I thought the portrayed pleas for help were a bit too subtle . The problem of no help seemed to be as much or more from the high military staff than the civilian leadership. This was a sobering movie and protrayal. But then , "what difference does it make now?". Answer, A LOT!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
We saw it this weekend. Excellent action but a little disjointed . I thought the portrayed pleas for help were a bit too subtle . The problem of no help seemed to be as much or more from the high military staff than the civilian leadership. This was a sobering movie and protrayal. But then , "what difference does it make now?". Answer, A LOT!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
In March the FBI will give the Atty Gen their recommendations for charges on Hillary. If the Atty Gen does not move forward with those charges, there needs to be a public out cry like never before. No one is above the law and Hillary needs to go to jail.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
In March the FBI will give the Atty Gen their recommendations for charges on Hillary. If the Atty Gen does not move forward with those charges, there needs to be a public out cry like never before. No one is above the law and Hillary needs to go to jail.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
X 1K

... when we look at all the shenanigans that actually takes place behind closed doors, Guantanamo isn't big enough to house them all :( To the rest of the world it is called politics, and is absolutely sickening.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Trump ... came out and said he's going to restore Christian values that the nation was founded upon. Frankly, that alone is enough to convince me to vote for him. I'm sick to death of being the majority in this country and being treated like we're some evil Machiavellian devils. It's come to the majority being ruled by those who vote for a living and get their way by manipulating liberal courts and the liberal media manipulating "public awareness." (IE their agenda) "The meek will inherit the earth." And they're doing it on the carcasses of Christian values with lawyers & courts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well said Tom. I think the movie will confirm your thoughts.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I have followed this story very closely ever since it hit the news and as it unfolded through its subsequent stages over the years. I have formed very strong opinions about what happened (I plan on seeing the movie this afternoon -- so I will not comment on the movie itself, but I will comment on facts of the events as given to us by our news outlets including the broadcast of Congressional investigations).

Here are those opinions.

It is a story of honor, dedication, commitment, unselfishness, and conscience by some of America's finest and bravest people.

It is also, by contrast, a story of shame, failure, dereliction of duty, incredibly poor judgment, unbelievable selfishness, calculated cynical career-protecting decisions, outright bare faced lies, cover-up, and dissembling on the part of our nation's leaders who deliberately left those representatives of our nation in harm’s way -- and who then made the deliberate choice to abandon them in time of deadly need.

It is a stark contrast of character between the people caught up in the attack and our leaders who should have stood by them.

God Bless those that stood to be counted when the mud hit the fan and found out they were abandoned by a group of lesser human beings in a position of authority. For those that gave their lives or were badly wounded ... may their loved ones find solace and peace. For those who put our people in that situation and then abandoned them ... may their consciences keep them from ever finding peace.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i have followed this story very closely ever since it hit the news and as it unfolded through its subsequent stages over the years. I have formed very strong opinions about what happened (i plan on seeing the movie this afternoon -- so i will not comment on the movie itself, but i will comment on facts of the events as given to us by our news outlets including the broadcast of congressional investigations).

Here are those opinions.

It is a story of honor, dedication, commitment, unselfishness, and conscience by some of america's finest and bravest people.

It is also, by contrast, a story of shame, failure, dereliction of duty, incredibly poor judgment, unbelievable selfishness, calculated cynical career-protecting decisions, outright bare faced lies, cover-up, and dissembling on the part of our nation's leaders who deliberately left those representatives of our nation in harm’s way -- and who then made the deliberate choice to abandon them in time of deadly need.

It is a stark contrast of character between the people caught up in the attack and our leaders who should have stood by them.

God bless those that stood to be counted when the mud hit the fan and found out they were abandoned by a group of lesser human beings in a position of authority. For those that gave their lives or were badly wounded ... May their loved ones find solace and peace. For those who put our people in that situation and then abandoned them ... May their consciences keep them from ever finding peace.[/quote]

·
Registered
834 Posts
... duplicate

1 - 20 of 31 Posts