Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
No, but they do own McPherson.
McPherson and Pearson were both owned by the same company in I believe Alabama. Not real sure if they still make McPherson bows but they still make Pearson.
I don't think Mathews bought back McPherson after getting rid of it and then starting Mathews.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason i asked,i was watching headhunter tv show and they were at the mathews factory and they were taling about how that the mathews and mission bows were made side by side and they also said that pearsons were made there too.So i was just wondering if they owned Pearson or that they just built them for Pearson.

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
They probably said McPherson and you misheard since the Monsters are technically a McPherson bow and hence also made at the same factory as Mission and Mathews.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
McPherson and Pearson were both owned by the same company in I believe Alabama. Not real sure if they still make McPherson bows but they still make Pearson.
I don't think Mathews bought back McPherson after getting rid of it and then starting Mathews.
Mat bought the McPherson name back a couple years ago. I think it was just to sell his split limb, dual cam bows without "technically" having to eat crow after the Mathew's bashing of these design features for over ten years.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
McPherson name is the owner of Mathews===Matt McPherson, hence the name on the Monster bows--McPherson.
Pearson bows has absoultely nothing to do with Mathews in any way, shape or form. Totally two different companies in two different states.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
Mathews own Mission and Carbon Express and recently bought Primos...to the best of my knowledge.
Way off base Mathews, Mission and McPhearson are one company. Carbon Express(Eastman Outdoors) and Primos are two totally different companies that market products for/under the Mathews name.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
McPherson name is the owner of Mathews===Matt McPherson, hence the name on the Monster bows--McPherson.
Pearson bows has absoultely nothing to do with Mathews in any way, shape or form. Totally two different companies in two different states.
But at one time Matt and a partner owned McPherson Archery and sold it to a fellow by the name of McMillan if I remember right and they also aquired Pearson.
I have'nt heard of any new McPherson bows the last few years (not Mathews) but I know they still make Pearson.
The original McPherson bows had an oblong slot in the wheel which allowed the wheel to slide back about 3/8"? on a nylon bushing when at full draw and that is what gave them a 70 or 80% let-off.
It kind of felt like going down the stairs and missing a step, but it was about the highest let-off available.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
But at one time Matt and a partner owned McPherson Archery and sold it to a fellow by the name of McMillan if I remember right and they also aquired Pearson.
I have'nt heard of any new McPherson bows the last few years (not Mathews) but I know they still make Pearson.
The original McPherson bows had an oblong slot in the wheel which allowed the wheel to slide back about 3/8"? on a nylon bushing when at full draw and that is what gave them a 70 or 80% let-off.
It kind of felt like going down the stairs and missing a step, but it was about the highest let-off available.
At one point and time Matt McPherson was associated with Pearson but hasn't been for many years now. McPherson bows is owned out right by Matt PcPherson who out right owns Mathews. The Monster bows by Mathews are sold under the McPherson name.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts