Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the grocery store the other day looking at bowhunting magazines and just happened to look at the very small price code at the bottom, 15.95 for a magazine. I don't buy books for this price unless they are really good. are they really getting away with this. all i can think is people just grab the magazine and throw it in the cart without looking at it and never know

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its a once a year issue...Ive got it...Pretty informative, I did shoot better after reading it. How much is accurracy worth? Youll spend 800 bucks on some super half cam split limb state of the art bow and add the most expensive sight, rest, etc., but you still might now shoot well. Think of it that way. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
What's the name of it? I haven't seen 1 that expensive.........................................................DF1

·
Registered
236 Posts
gabe branscum said:
no, this magazine comes out every month. come on now 16.00 i've got a bridge i'd like to sell you
Whats the name of the magazine? I have yet to see a monthly magazine with that price tag.

·
Registered
704 Posts
IMHO the only magazine worth reading is Archery Focus. Over the years I bought the $3.95 rags and the $12.95 super rags..never a $16 rag BUT I would be willing to bet it is crammed full of advertisements (expect one or two Mathews Layouts), biased or paid for claims about equipment they tested, secret hunting techniques that a writer dreamed up at his desk etc. Archery Focus has great articles about archery by people that have some credibility. And I love the on-line version because I can choose if an article is good and I should add it to my scrapbooks plus it is not bulked up by ads and is ONE SIDED so that it goes into a scrapbook. The people who run the magazine are not such big shots they will not answer your questions either.

Archery Focus may not be for everyone but I like it so much that I cancelled all other Bowhunting and Archery related subscriptions. Another thing is that it comes out every two months. The articles are good enough that I can wait that long for the next magazine AND I don't have tons of paper containing mostly ads to throw out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts