Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the "Alabama Whitetail Records" Facebook page, a 190 inch Buck was taken recently in Alabama. Congratulations to the hunter.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Shelby co I think it was killed near the wilsonville steam plant on Alabama power property so the story goes and it was a gun kill

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's some good Bucks in the southern United States. In some parts of the south it's probably easier to take a 120 to 130 inch buck than it is in a lot of places in the Midwest.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
northern 'Bama has some giants killed every year. I get to see many pictures of friend's kills every year so dont be fooled into thinking 'Bama has small deer.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Alabama and Mississippi have some of the best hunting in the south, but dont ask me how I know. :wink:

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
just googled alabama record book deer and was very surprised. i picture 130 inch 120b deer being amongst the top, but i was very wrong.

·
Registered
292 Posts
how's that georgia produced more than a few 180 are better thru the years

Georgia was restocked with a strain of Northern deer. Their descendants still sport bigger racks and rut earlier than native Georgia deer. I hunted bama for over 20 years, there are B&C bucks taken every year. Many dont get entered into the book...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts