Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the video as promised of the buck Hog-Wild a 197" buck shot by Steve Niemerg on Jan.7th, 2014. He sat through the worst blizzard seen in 2 decades here in Illinois and it paid off. Truly an inspirational story/hunt! Enjoy...
Facebook: @Radical Outdoors

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Awesome buck. Congrats!

Did the arrow hit the branch or was that just kicking in flight?
Definitely looked like it hit that branch to me, the branch was moving after it got hit also. Talk about a stroke of luck on a giant buck! I'd have crapped my pants in that millisecond between hitting the branch and then hitting the buck. Lol

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congrats on a great buck.

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
Lucky to have gotten that one, been there congrats.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely looked like it hit that branch to me, the branch was moving after it got hit also. Talk about a stroke of luck on a giant buck! I'd have crapped my pants in that millisecond between hitting the branch and then hitting the buck. Lol
If you watch carefully it actually hit 2 branches before it got there. Lucky? YES! Steve had no clue the branches was even there. Buck of a lifetime no doubt!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What a giant. Congrats on a well deserved prize at the end of a tough hunt. Not sure many would have put themselves in that environment.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
great vid and nice buck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha Steve was on the verge of calling in the dogs and feeling bummed while Justin knew where he was all along.
excellent hunt/video/recovery. i'm now a www.team-radical.com fan for sure! I had to lol when he threw the bow after the "we found blood". I've done it a dozen times to people and it never gets old

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
excellent hunt/video/recovery. i'm now a www.team-radical.com fan for sure! I had to lol when he threw the bow after the "we found blood". I've done it a dozen times to people and it never gets old
haha Steve was on the verge of calling in the dogs and feeling bummed while Justin knew where he was all along.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts