Archery Talk Forum banner

1970's ? Kodiak Hunter

933 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TGbow
HI All,

Just another question from a newbie. I have spent what I consider a great deal of time going through all of the Bear catalogs online and can not find this exact model of the Kodiak Hunter. Somewhere in one of the forums I found reference to 1975 being the only year the blue stripe was used, but another said 1973-1976. I am now frustrated. Hoping that you all can help me date this piece.

• Cold to the touch bronze/brass bear emblem
  • No white on grip area facing away from shooter
  • Blue Stripe Down the middle of riser
  • Markings: Upper Riser - Bear Glass Powered Kodiak Hunter, Under Leather Guard #51, Handle - KTO 9611, AMO 60", 50#, Bottom Riser - Bear Archery, Grayling Michigan
  • Decal: Accepts Bear Bowfishing rig #3000, Hunting Stabilizer #7320, Bow Quiver AdapterKit #3553 and Omni Copper Stabalizer #7320. Ask US

If you know the year of this model please let me know. if you happen to have a catalog pic of this model please post.

Thank you,

Dan

Vehicle door

Windshield Automotive exterior Bumper Glass Blade

Leaf Vehicle door Automotive exterior Plant Glass

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Auto part Windshield

Material property
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That is a 1976 with the green future wood handle and limb tip overlays. The 75 looks the same except it has white fiberglass handle and tip overlays. I'm a fan of the k-hunters, have a 72 and 75. It is hard to date bear bows and tricky to find some of the information about them.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

That is a 1976 with the green future wood handle and limb tip overlays. The 75 looks the same except it has white fiberglass handle and tip overlays. I'm a fan of the k-hunters, have a 72 and 75. It is hard to date bear bows and tricky to find some of the information about them.
Thanks for the information Coyote30. As this is the 76 it would explain why I am frustrated, the catalogs only seem to go to 75.

· Registered
583 Posts
This must bring back memories for you. Saved from a farm bar. This piece is straight, no warping, and has two holes from a drill. The holes are small enough to be filled, tinted and polished out. Then, to my wall display.

Yes it does.
He still has it hanging on his wall, he is 91 yrs Old.
Wish I had kept the Kodiak Mag he bought me that yr.
I do have a 1978 Grizzly I bought new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.