Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for letting me join.

The primary reason I joined, aside from enjoying archery, was to gain knowledge and information from those more experienced than myself. I work at a small shop in Pa., and we still have 2 new ( unsold old stock ) Rattlesnake Archery Equalizer bows in stock. My issue is that these bows date from around 1994, the company that made them went out of business in 2003, and the internet seems devoid of information. I know that the bows were designed with pin stops in the cams, and that the design was bought by a larger company and removed from the market, but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with these bows?

·
4,778 Posts
Welcome to AT. Wish I could help you...I dont know if I've ever even seen a rattlesnake archery bow...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thank you for letting me join.

The primary reason I joined, aside from enjoying archery, was to gain knowledge and information from those more experienced than myself. I work at a small shop in Pa., and we still have 2 new ( unsold old stock ) Rattlesnake Archery Equalizer bows in stock. My issue is that these bows date from around 1994, the company that made them went out of business in 2003, and the internet seems devoid of information. I know that the bows were designed with pin stops in the cams, and that the design was bought by a larger company and removed from the market, but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with these bows?
I messed with one years ago at a flea market a guy had one and a Mathews drenalin, I think the drenalin was a fairly new release at the time, he showed me the rattlesnake bow and how it worked but did not want to sell it. You could draw the bow back and set it/lock it at full draw. All you had to do was to start to let down slowly and the bow would lock out the cams and you where holding 0 lbs. at full draw Then draw the bow back and it was ready to fire, or you could let down. I don't think it would have been legal to hunt with here in az. and I remember thinking that it would be easy to derail the bow if you were not careful. I told a few friends/guy's in the know that have been around archery their entire life and no one has ever seen or even heard of them. Sometime I think they think I am BSing them when I tell them about that bow. If I remember right the bow had a snake skin finish/paint job. Hope you post up some pic,s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts