Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Carter Evolution last week and I practiced with it in the past couple of shooting sessions.
I'll 1st deliver the good news: Groups have shrank and became more consistent (as expected as I used to shoot with fingers). The score obviously isn't perfect; I think I'm shooting 1 out of 5 baby Xes (20yds 3-spot face), while all other shots are in the gold. Considering I'm now using stiffer ACCs with 1.8'' low profile vanes I figured that with some better spined X7s it would be better, like 1 baby-X out of 4 shots. Well not a PRO level, but I'm currently satisfied.

Now, on the other hand, I already recorded some clips of my shooting, and I can't seem to remain completely at a "stand-still" upon a follow-thru. What happens is that upper portion of my body (mainly upper ribcage, shoulders and head) tends to jerk-back after the shot is executed. I think I got a good release-arm/hand follow thru, but I'm not sure what to do about this shake-back after the release? What am I doing wrong? For those interested to see a clip of this, I have one smaller (around 2mb) that shows this upper body movement. So Please PM your e-mail and I'll send it over...

On a special note:
The Evolution is just lovely, a completely surprise release, user friendly - and what's more important for someone like who got his hands on a BT release for the 1st time - it improved my shooting, cheers Carter :darkbeer:

·
Lou & Jode
10,775 Posts
I had the same problem,I was incorporating my neck and head with the release side tension.When pulling with the release side make sure your head isn't following the exspansion,your head must stay straight up and not move backwards with the tension.I incorporate my head and neck with the front side or the bow side of the shot,my bow side is set shoulder low-head up straight this makes for a strong T form.When the release side scapula moves my bow side does not,it maintains the hold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts