·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anothor.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Trail cams are a blast! YOu're gonna love 'em! Looks like you should possibly consider lower the cam a bit though? It seems like a lot of folks use that cam, how is it on trigger speed and sensoring? I know the image quality is obviously less than many cams but I would expect that from an inexpensive cam but I am curious about it's features flaws and strengths? How many blank or partial pics did you get from the unit?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had it out a week and it had 85 pics and everyone had either deer or ***** on them. I think the trigger speed is pretty good but dont know how fast it really is. I brought it out last night and plan on putting it on a trail. Then I'll see if it has a fast trigger or not. But all in all right now Im very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Last year we tried one of the $100 Moultries from Walmart and it was eating those 6 volt batteries left and right... wouldn't even last a week when it got cold out. So we returned it. :shade:

This year they had them on clearance for $30 each.. so we picked up a few to give them another try. This time around we purchased 4 of the 6 volt rechargables used for those deer feeders.. about $12 each at Gander Mtn. We have 2 in the woods and 2 at home charging. When we check them we just swap out the batteries. So far we've gotten some great pics.. 5 really nice bucks. We have it set to take 3 pics at a time... you get a few empty pics.. but sometimes you get better pics of the deer. And the batteries are holding up very well... lasting about a month. Next trick will be to try the solar panels for the feeders also. We'll have to see how the cold weather affects them now.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
:confused: I keep hearing very mixed results with these cams, it seems folks either love 'em or hate 'em. I have had several folks ask me about them but I don't have any experience with the Moultrie line so I can't comment.

I guess just like all the other trail cams out there, you're gonna have some seriously mixed reviews when you ask enough people about them?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Cornfed... after that 1st one that we had, I'll have to say that I didn't think too highly of them. THose 6 volt batteries ain't cheap... and for them to only last a week... I felt that was unacceptable.

But these last 2 that we got have been very good... I don't know if we got a bad one the 1st time, or if the rechargable batteries make a big difference. But I'll have to admit that I've changed my tune as of late.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Them are some nice pics.

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
I have had one for a year now and have had good results. It does eat batteries but I have rechargeable and switch them out. Don't add the Moultrie solar charger to it. Not enough MA of current to charge for what the drain is. The solar charger they sell must only work on the feeders. Do get a few white out-ted ones.

brbowman, when putting it on trails just face it at an angle to the trail so it catches them walking towards or away slightly. I have over 250 pics from last year. I shot mostly no flash pics this summer over water holes so as not to hit them all the time with the flash.

Well worth the $89 I paid. Check to see what rev it is when you turn it on. Rev 1.5 was the newest with 1.2 then 2.5 the oldest. Not sure if they have any newer revs since mine

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
I'll have to check these out when the go on sale at the end of the year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts