Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm headed to Licking County November 4th-12th this year.
Staying at Dillon State Park and hunting the public land around that area.
I did come out there in March on a scouting mission and although I saw a lot of tracks,
I did not see many rubs at all ? Some of the areas I plan on hunting are Dillon Wildlife Area,
Woodbury/Conesville Coal mines,and Powolson Area. Can anyone give any info on any of these
areas or other public land around?
Thanks

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
Check out Avondale AEP lands about 30min Southish of Dillon..I turned a ouy of state fellow onto that place an he killed 2 nice bucks 2 years in a row.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hello All,
I'm headed to Licking County November 4th-12th this year.
Staying at Dillon State Park and hunting the public land around that area.
I did come out there in March on a scouting mission and although I saw a lot of tracks,
I did not see many rubs at all ? Some of the areas I plan on hunting are Dillon Wildlife Area,
Woodbury/Conesville Coal mines,and Powolson Area. Can anyone give any info on any of these
areas or other public land around?
Thanks
Rubs in March? little early... alot early..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Woodbury is way over hunted but if you are willing to go father and hunt longer than the other hunters it can be done , my good friend shot a big 160" 10 point 4 years ago. We have also hunted AEP lands around Coshocton and have shot 3 bucks scoreing over 130 in the last 3 years. Look where everyone else just walks by and don't just stay on the trails go off of them a few hundred yards to get away from everyone. You should have GPS or take a compase. Last but not least we shot some really nice bucks around threre but it was always at the end of October to the second week in November.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
That area your going to be in is going to have alot of hunters in it but it's also one of the best places to hunt in all Ohio,huge deer and alot of them,I'm about 45 minutes from there between Columbus and Athens in a little town called Logan,the Wayne national forest around here also has some great public land but can be kinda rugged.good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts