Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the first two knives off the bench for 2016.

This is one of my favorite knife combinations, brass, streaked buffalo horn and D2 tool steel

blade is 3/16 stock thickness d-2 tool steel.
8 1/4" total
3 7/8" blade
handle is brass bolster with black g-10 and brass stacking, streaked buffalo horn scales, brass and nickel silver pins and tapered tang.
sheath is 8-9 oz veggie tanned premium leather.

Here is one in Black and red stabilized pine cone and D-2 tool steel.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Absolutely love the 2nd knife. First one is great too but that second one!! Great job.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It must be a Canadian thing (pine cones) my vote is for the second one also. You did a great job on these good start to the new year More pic please

·
Registered
579 Posts
Both are gorgeous! How hard is the pine cone material to work with as compared to other materials like stabilized wood and non-stabilized oily wood such as cocobolo and Honduran rosewood?

·
Bow Hunter
1,990 Posts
Both look great... like the 2nd one best....I have a thing for black and red, plus love the file work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Outstanding looking knives and sheaths. Love the simplicity of the 1st knife, but can't stop checking out that 2nd one with the "stabilized pine cone" handles and the other details. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
That stabilized pine cone is awesome!! It looks like some kind of prehistoric fossil.

The buffalo horn is a timeless classic.

Beautiful work as always.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Nice work like them both but the second one really caught my eye

·
Registered
224 Posts
Either one would look good on my belt or shelf. The horn would make the belt but I don't think I could get the pine cone that far. Now if you just sold your knives...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts