Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Strickland helix (single bevel) on big game animal, otherwise slick trick mags or viper trick. Only advantage of 2 blades vs 3/4 blades is the penetration. If you hit a bone, you have a better chance to through it.
I'm going to Africa in a month, slick trick viper trick (4 blade) will be my BH for the plain games expect for the eland where I'll use the Strickland Helix (2 blade).

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm shooting the 2 blade Black Hornet Serrazor. The blade is thick and it crushes bone. I used to shoot the Slick Trick Mags. They are good but the blades are kinda thin and don't handle bone very well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Im shooting bone broadheads this year for everything between antelope all the way up to elk. They shoot great and the single bevel has an inherent spin quality to them. They seem very well made.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
I'm using VPA 3 blade 175 grain. I like the 1 1/4" cut, machined from a one piece billet tool steel. 50 RC hardness, easy to sharpen, lifetime warranty. I would go to the harder 55Rc steel (like Bishops) but they are 3X more expensive

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Have shot many, and now ( have been using these regularly for a long time now) try others from time to time. But my go to is German kenetic XL ( or XXL) I have not found a head that offers any real advantage over these, other then price.

·
BowhunterT100
6,544 Posts
Steel force 11/2 hundred grain I have some 2 blade and 4 blade. They fly good, super sharp and leave a great blood trail.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I shoot 2 blade simmons 165 gr. land shark, 175 gr. tiger shark and 200 gr. tree shark. They fly great and cut holes you wouldn't believe. 4 blades it's 125gr. magnus black hornet ser razors and older slick trick magnum 125.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Magnus Black Hornets will be my go to head this coming fall but I do have a 1.5” Steelforce big phathead head to try out too.

·
BowhunterT100
6,544 Posts
^^^ those steel force are wicked!! I had great results with them last season

·
Registered
81 Posts
Used to shoot 2-blade Rage chisel tips. Now I’m shooting 2-blade hypodermic. I’ve had great luck with them so far. Always a fun blood trail to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Iron Will s125. Hard to beat the lifetime warranty and they fly great!

·
Colorado ELk Hunter
1,881 Posts
10 years ago silver flames were the baddest on the planet....still great heads and i still have them. Killed a few elk with them. I swear by them but I am trying the Iron Wills this year...we shall see, they fly great.

·
Registered
760 Posts
150 grain 3" swhackers. Big cut in case of a single lung liver or gut shot and of all of the big Mechanicals it's definitely the one most likely to get through shoulder and into the vitals. THEY fly really good too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
swhacker

1 - 20 of 48 Posts