Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to AT but something I have noticed is that what ever brand of bows people shoot or products they use they seem proud to do so and generally happy with what they have and express it here on AT. I have also noticed there isnt alot of brand bashing compared to other forums and sights. It is a pleaseure to be able to come on this sight and get good advice, make comments, give opinions and the people seem glad to help a person out. This sight has helped me make a choice on what bow to shoot and what sights I use and I could not be happier with my set up. Thanks to all!!!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Two thumbs up for your 2 cents

I have also noticed there isnt alot of brand bashing compared to other forums and sights. . Thanks to all!!! [/B]
:thumbs_up:thumb:

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Great post!

There is a reason AT is the #1 Archery forum. Would not be much fun if it was all about "I know best". What works for me does not mean it will work for you. As long as we keep the debates respectful and logic base, spirited discussions are great. The Moderators also do a great job!

Regards,

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I am pretty new to AT but something I have noticed is that what ever brand of bows people shoot or products they use they seem proud to do so and generally happy with what they have and express it here on AT. I have also noticed there isnt alot of brand bashing compared to other forums and sights. It is a pleaseure to be able to come on this sight and get good advice, make comments, give opinions and the people seem glad to help a person out. This sight has helped me make a choice on what bow to shoot and what sights I use and I could not be happier with my set up. Thanks to all!!!
"Archers Helping Archers" :nod:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I don't have a problem with the brand bashing as long as its done in fun. it's when someone is asking a question about a particular bow that they own and someone comes in there saying ," your bow is crap, buy such and such."

with quotes like that it pretty much tells me the intelligence of the postee which in turn would never want me to switch brands that fast.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
We do have an occasional disagreement, but for the most part everyone helps keep the forum heading in a positive direction. There is a ton of knowledge available here to learn from.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I think there is far too much complaining about "bow bashing." Because in a forum this size, with a predominately young male membership, that sort of thing is to be expected.

Anyone who has been in the military and lived in a barracks knows what I'm talking about. No matter what the topic there will be dissent, wisecracks and negative commentary from someone. If you show pictures of your new baby someone is bound to say it has a small head, beady eyes or a big nose.

Advice: Roll with it. If thine eye offends thee . . . .

It takes one half second to scroll down to the next message.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I don't have a problem with the brand bashing as long as its done in fun. it's when someone is asking a question about a particular bow that they own and someone comes in there saying ," your bow is crap, buy such and such."

with quotes like that it pretty much tells me the intelligence of the postee which in turn would never want me to switch brands that fast.
:nod:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you your 2 cents back.... AT has been a tremendous resource of information, good deals on equipment and almost daily entertainment with some archers I've met face to face and many I never will but feel a spirit of archers helping archers.

I say 'Bash On!':)

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Great post by a newbie, first welcome to the BEST DAMN ARCHERY SITE on the web! There are a lot of great great Guys and Gals on here that are here to help and maybe even learn a thing or two. I have learned a lot and and a lot of people have helped me out on this site.

It's Archery Talk that got me back into shooting a bow again after being away from it for close to 20 years, man what was I thinking!:confused: Hopefully I can and have returned the favor by helping out when I can, which isn't too often since I'm still learning something new almost every day.

While I'm rambling I would like to give a BIG THANKS to all of the people on here who have helped me out the last couple of years, you know who you are!!:set1_applaud::set1_applaud::set1_applaud::

Also a big thank you to Martin for making this site available !

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i never realized how good we all had it

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
This is a great site. None better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes this is a great site and have talked to some great people and so far have not had a bad experience and don't really get the feeling I will. Happy shooting to all!:)

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,361 Posts
We do have an occasional disagreement, but for the most part everyone helps keep the forum heading in a positive direction. There is a ton of knowledge available here to learn from.

I agree, we sometimes get a little strong opinioned but the moderators do a great job of keeping us in check as do most of the members.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ended up with Bowtech Guardian and HHA 5500 Croos hair sight.

Whole lot of luv flying around on this post some need to look out for the Mil Best beer cans coming out of the sky... LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts