Archery Talk Forum banner

#2 down this morning!

1355 Views 23 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  King
I got up and went this morning to a place that was close to home since I had to work tonight. I scouted it earlier in the year and found an acorn flat that looked decent. I stumbled around in the dark and finally found a tree that looked good. I had two does come in behind me but they had me handcuffed where I couldn't shoot. They walked off and about 10 minutes later this dude came in from in front of me. He walked into a shooting lane and I grunted but he didn't stop until he was passed the lane. I had to hold my bow back for what seemed like an eternity. He finally began walking again and I grunted again. This time he stops but had an overhanging limb in the way. I had to squat down so I could clear it. I guessed him at 35 yards, so I put my 30 pin on him figuring he would duck a little. I let her fly and he did just as I thought. Slick Trick right through both lungs. Five days into the season and I have one buck tag left. It has been an awesome season even if I don't shoot another deer the rest of the year.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,745 Posts
Congrats on your buck!!

· Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice buck, congrats!

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats , Nice buck

· Registered
626 Posts
Michael,
Way to put the smackdown on 'em!!
Seriously, two bucks down this early in the season? You just gotta go out and buy a couple of lottery tickets!!

Enjoy the rest of your season, the pressure is officially off.........

Rob

· Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Michael,
Way to put the smackdown on 'em!!
Seriously, two bucks down this early in the season? You just gotta go out and buy a couple of lottery tickets!!

Enjoy the rest of your season, the pressure is officially off.........

Rob

Thank guys. Rob, I thought the same thing... it's Powerball time!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.