Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this sent to me it said it was a gun kill near Pennsville,NJ.
two%20headed%20deer.jpg

Any one ever see something like this?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i could see it happening, i mean theres that 2 headed woman, ive seen on t.v..

i just dont understand why one would be a doe and the other a buck..

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Freaky!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Its on the net - Has to be real!!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Double neck roasts with one kill and one tag.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
absolutely fake. actually quite a poor job

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your new nickname = Debbie Downer lol
LOL Sorry. I'm a photographer and that just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Er……. yes, that's a real two-headed deer. :wink:

Actually even if this one is a fake, I have no doubt that it's possible to happen. I've seen two heads on cows, horses, cats, snakes, dogs to name a few. Why not deer? I just don't think they'd be full grown. Too many genetics dysfunctions there for them to live long.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,510 Posts
Could be real.

·
Fishing Guide
2,528 Posts
Weve had calves born like this. One is buck and other doe because they were twins and they never split apart in the womb. They will fuse together like this
They couldn't be different sexes if the result of an egg that didn't split completely after fertilization; when an egg splits the result is identical twins. Fraternal twins can be male and female and occur when two eggs get fertilized at the same time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
to me it looks like the photo itself is probably real and not photoshopped.. that being said, it looks like they put a buck head on the side of a dead doe. probably cut off for a mount

·
Registered
628 Posts
to me it looks like the photo itself is probably real and not photoshopped.. that being said, it looks like they put a buck head on the side of a dead doe. probably cut off for a mount

This is what it is. No Photoshop. Just a head cut off and laid on top of another deer. Also- I 2nd the fraternal twin comment.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,738 Posts
Weve had calves born like this. One is buck and other doe because they were twins and they never split apart in the womb. They will fuse together like this
Exactly. An old friend of mine had the same thing happen to one of his cows. Gave birth to a two headed calf. Only problem was, it had no eyes.

Not saying the pic is real, but it does happen for sure.

Skeet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts