Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a 1.5" long piece of 2" O.D. tubing, relief cut 1/4" piece out on side to be bottom, fishmouth curvature to your desire with skinny wheel and grinder.
Clean up edges with machinist file. Then buy some camo tape and cover it. Cut edges with exacto knife, and heat with heat gun to remove air bubbles from tape. Sqeeze tubing together and insert into sight. Very tight fit. Note: My cheap sight has a an I.D. 2". Please measure before trying to make your's based on this info. Best of Luck!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
that looks awesome!

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice compliments.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No doubt that is awesome, but couldn't you have gotten a similar effect w/ PVC? Less weight, easier to shape, etc.? Please don't take it as a knock, as yours is sweet, it's just a question.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,108 Posts
Looks awesome! :thumb: Almost looks like you had it dipped!

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pvc

No doubt that is awesome, but couldn't you have gotten a similar effect w/ PVC? Less weight, easier to shape, etc.? Please don't take it as a knock, as yours is sweet, it's just a question.
I've seen them made here with PVC and tried it based on that. Wall thickness was way too thick.... didn't like the field of view when inserted into sight. The weight is pretty minimal to me with the tubing having a .065 wall thickness..... pretty thin and light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts