Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently shoot a stealth with a micro tune 3000 2 prong rest and gold tip 5575's. When using the rubber shrink tube to quiet the draw across the rest, the tubes wear terribly after only 15-20 shots. This greatly affects accuracy. Removing the tubing brings the groups back along with the noise. I have had this problem on my aeroforce with a tm hunter and aluminum arrows as well. Does anyone know of a solution for this? I have even gone as far now when hunting to draw the arrow through my fingers and then place the arrow on the rest. No easy task!

Thanks for the help.

Steve "the wildman" White

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
prong

Use "Indian Archery" fork tamers. Made from teflon. Very minimal wear after 100's of shots. I also had the same trouble with the cheap hush tubes that come with the rest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently seen those staring at the cabelas archery catalog. Will have to try them.

Thanks,

Steve "the wildman" White

·
Registered
838 Posts
If you really want to get rid of the problem ? think drop away!!

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
For carbons use Golden Key Hush Tubes, or AMG Rest Implants. For aluminums use GAG super Slick Tubes!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Another thing to consider is a nock point that is a little on the low side. This will push the arrow hard into the rest on release and will cause premature wear on the hush tubes.

...not that this is your problem, however it is something to look at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts