Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently shoot a stealth with a micro tune 3000 2 prong rest and gold tip 5575's. When using the rubber shrink tube to quiet the draw across the rest, the tubes wear terribly after only 15-20 shots. This greatly affects accuracy. Removing the tubing brings the groups back along with the noise. I have had this problem on my aeroforce with a tm hunter and aluminum arrows as well. Does anyone know of a solution for this? I have even gone as far now when hunting to draw the arrow through my fingers and then place the arrow on the rest. No easy task!

Thanks for the help.

Steve "the wildman" White

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Get the prongs aligned as perfectly as you can. Torquing the bow usually causes one of the prongs to wear more than the other. Practice during the year without the shrink tubing, and put the shrink tubing on prior to hunting. I've been doing it this way for a long time and adding the little bit of shrink tubing shouldn't effect your accuracy any.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I have noticed uneven wear on the prongs. Usally the bow side, but not always. I practice from all differnt heights and shooting postions. This is probaly the reason for this due to differnt torque angles. Also have noticed that accuracy is not affected by new tubes or not having them. Only once the wear starts to the groups get big.

Thanks for the help,

Steve "the wildman" white

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I used GKF prong rests for many years before switching to rests with flat launchers. Prong wear with carbon is a given regardless of what you try to cover them with. I think you'd be better to shoot directly off the steel prongs and try some auto wax on the shafts to prevent the violining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts