Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set a challenge for myself this season, to take a deer with the vertical, crossbow, muzzle loader, pistol and rifle.
I haven't hunted with a vert in 10 years so I bought a Mathews Ultralight (from the 90s) off craigslist about 3 weeks ago and got used to shootin it and got a doe with it this morning, back in another stand this evening and got another doe with ole faithful (LS 390), so far it's shaping up to be a good season !

Attachments

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
All righty then a double congrats fer those double tick toters

Reactions: randyxx75

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! didn't see anything this morning but it was a beautiful morning to be in the wood!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Sam! freezer gettin full !

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice shooting! Great deer!

·
Eric
4,225 Posts
Way to go Randy that's the way to put em down. I'm glad you can still shoot that vertical it didn't take you long and you got right back in the saddle. I've been seeing deer just about every time I've been going lately but I'm getting a little picky and I'm trying to save a few bucks for the grandson's.
Congrats again my friend!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Way to go, Randy!

Bob

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Bob and MIke!

·
today's macguyver
5,627 Posts
Awesome !!
2 deer in one day with 2 different arrow flingers .
winner winner deer dinner . Congrats Randy !!!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Tim!, here is a video of the recovery and why not to exit through the shoulder ...
very little blood if any until right at where I found her, she only went about 40 yards and I saw the bushes shaking where she crashed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts