Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if its a repost.

A $20,000 reward is being offered for information on the decapitation of a stud, white-tail deer.

According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, a captive, domestic, trophy, 12-point buck was killed and the head stolen from a game farm in Union County on Sept. 6. Commission spokeswoman Karen Parker said the buck was a prized breeding animal, with a single test tube of sperm selling for $10,000.

An investigator for the wildlife commission, Lt. David Lee, said one or more suspects trespassed onto Shadd's Game Farm, a state-licensed, private game farm on State Road 100, west of Lake Butler. Based on evidence collected at the scene, the deer named Peabody was killed on the farm before its head and some of the meat were removed from the property.

In a news release about the case, Lee said Peabody's antlers "are unique because of a drop tine behind each ear. The deer was tagged with a pinkish tag in the left ear with the #23 on it. The left ear will have a hole or tear mark where the tag was."

Game farm owner John Shadd is offering the $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the crime.

Information about the crime can be given to Lee at 386-623-1522 or to Maj. Garry Seay of the Union County Sheriff's Office at 386-867-2935.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...60253&tc=yahoo

· Registered
738 Posts
wow that 12 pointer made some hard working hunter very happy... glad to know that they made a ethical and fast killing "perfect shot", i wonder if they backed out to give it plkenty of time? i bet they used a slick trick too and a speed bow!!! with a short unforgiving brace height. and a fob and blazers on the arrow....:eek:

some people suck at life, does this guy really think he will get away with it? they need pics everywhere someone will notice when he shows off his trophy.
why would someone want a buck that bad to shoot someones pet? IDIOTS!!!!!!

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Nothing is safe from a thief it seems, I hope this Idiot trys to get it mounted
but probly just saw the horns off if hes got any brain. that takes some cjones to walk in a mans farm and kill his livestock, never mind its a deer this is his livelyhood, I just hope they nail him quick that just boils my blood right there.:mad:

· Registered
6,141 Posts
I live about 5 minutes away from Shadd's farm and have been keeping up with all the hoopla around here. His "pen" is only a hundred or hundred and fifty yards off the main road. Closest thing I'll ever get to seeing a "booner" on the hoof I imagine.

He had a couple get out a few years back and one of them got whacked like two days before the season opened. He used to have elk and red deer in the pen as well but I think only whitetails now.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the deer?

It'd be interesting to see the horns and easier to identify if it shows up at a big buck contest.

Pretty low thing to do though. I hope the guy or girl who did it feels like a big mighty hunter.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.