Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still am using an old Martin Phantom. But I love the way it shoots. Recently I have notcied a popping noise when I draw back. It isnt real loud and doesnt happen everytime. I took it to have it looked at and they took it apart and said that they couldnt find anything wrong with it. They put it back together and it still does it. Any hints on what the problem might be.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Limb bolts and the plastic washers that hold the limb on Could be it. I had a bow doing that and took awhile to find out what it was .It made a noise like that and I had to put some white lithium grease on them. losen limb bolts wacthing that you don't back em all the way out ..use a Q tip with the grease on it once you have them lose. put the grease on the bolts and reach up by the top of the bolt putting it on the bottom of the plastic washers. Also, rub it around on the limb bearings and the in side of limb pockets next to where the limbs sets etc. Rub it around the out side of the washers on top of the limbs as well ..Those washers try and grab the limb as you are drawing the bow sometimes.

Moreover ,I had that happening with a cable slide one time too. Clean your cable rod real good and see if that may be it ..

Try these things and let us know if they work ..if not we will go from there ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts