Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking on a trail camera tonite, 9/3/03, and found two smoking hot fresh rubs. We had about 8 plus inches of rain over the weekend and yet there were pieces and strips of bark on the vegetation so they had to have been made in the last 24/48 hours. I live in central Indiana and can't ever remember finding rubs this early. Wondering if anyone else has found any 2003 rubs ? One of the rubs was on a tree about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter and was stripped up to about 3 feet.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I haven't been in the woods to scout for any yet,but yesterday I did see two real good bucks, a 10 and a 12 point that had there racks all shined up with no velvet on them which tells me that they been making some rubs.GOOD LUCK THIS FALL!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yea man!!!!! Our season opened on the 15th of August, and I was seeing deer already that had shed thier velvet. There is one that I have been hunting since the open that is a 10pt. I saw him about 2 weeks before season and he had already shed. His rack is bone white, and about 2-3 inches past is ears on each side. I know for some of you guys up north he is not that big, but down here he is a monster.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I was in the woods on Tuesday of this week, and found a nice scrape line already. This is the first year that I have found one this early. I have found them early in the past, but the were sporadic. The ones that I found on Tuesday were every 25-30 yards. Has anybody else seen any scrapes like that this year?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I also found A nice scrape the other day. I have never seen one this early,thought I was halucinating!:D

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts